Options
13»

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    Granted, I don't have anything that dangles, but if I did and it was injured, the very last thing I'd be doing was going on a bike ride, so I can see why the OP would worry about the employee being less than truthful about the nature/extent of his injury. Playing a sport where you might be knocked down there could go either way.

The bit about going to the pub is utterly irrelevant, though, unless he has a very unusual way of holding a glass.

It depends on the full nature of the injury, sport can be useful to the healing process in some cases.

My point mainly was that the approach was wrong. 'You're playing football, therefore come back to work.' - Beginning disciplinary proceedings, fair enough.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    Bike + sore genitals, though...I can't see that being the least bit healing, especially when it's known for causing issues down there.

I wouldn't have gone as far as a disciplinary at this point, but I do think it's enough to warrant a conversation about whether the injury is actually bad enough to require the employee to be off work, or whether light duties while awaiting the results might have been more appropriate.

Depends. If I thought someone was taking the mick, I'd just sack them.

Sends a clear message.
    But if he's been there longer than 2 years, it suggests that this is more likely to be a real condition, rather than a complete 180 from good employee to one taking the mick.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    It depends on the full nature of the injury, sport can be useful to the healing process in some cases.

My point mainly was that the approach was wrong. 'You're playing football, therefore come back to work.' - Beginning disciplinary proceedings, fair enough.

I disagree, for me the soft approach is better than starting a disciplinary.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport