Service History with a newly purchased vehicle?

Options
2»

Comments

• jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    In other words she bought a car you didn't agree with? You know she's an adult?
    She regretted purchasing the car straightaway it was not the car she wanted paid something like £2000 over the price. She told me that she was pressurised by the car salesman to make the purchase who took a non refundable £5k deposit.

She also agrees she was stupid to go ahead with the sale, so it's not just me..
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How does this idrive system work? The system appears not to record the history of all of the vehicle's services, or does it?
    Checking the brake pad service check it advises to check the pads in 70,000miles (which seems a very high figure) looking at the brake pads they are worn with about 25% of the pad material left, so what is going on?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jazzy wrote: »
    How does this idrive system work? The system appears not to record the history of all of the vehicle's services, or does it?
    It does. As mentioned go into Vehicle Information -> Vehicle Status -> Service Requirements -> Service History, then select the appropriate entry. BMW don't have regular, annual services, they perform what they refer to as "Condition Based Servicing" or CBS, whereby you only need to take the car in for a service when a particular item is flagged up on the Idrive system as and when it needs servicing. Depending on how you drive you could be seeing 18K between services.

I suggest your daughter registers on the babybmw.net forums for answers to all the questions she may have.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    She regretted purchasing the car straightaway it was not the car she wanted paid something like £2000 over the price. She told me that she was pressurised by the car salesman to make the purchase who took a non refundable £5k deposit.

Any particular reason she doesn’t like the car, other than potentially having paid a bit too much for it? If it’s just the price, there’s probably not much that can be done now.

However, if the salesman has misled her into thinking the car had features which it doesn’t, it may be worth kicking up a bit of a fuss. Not saying it will get you anywhere as I suspect proof will be the issue, but you won’t know if you don’t try.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Checking the brake pad service check it advises to check the pads in 70,000miles (which seems a very high figure) looking at the brake pads they are worn with about 25% of the pad material left, so what is going on?

Not sure how the distance left on the pads is measured however, my car has 18k on it and the distance left on the pads is showing 50k. The pad depth was measured at the service, where it had 9mm left on them. Apparently they start about 14mm. How do you know what percentage of the pad material is left, unless you compared it to a new pad?
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Initially I thought you were being a bit harsh on your daughter until I read this post.

Maybe not an adult then.

Bought a car she didn't want

Overpaid by £2k

Was pressurised?

Paid a £5k NON refundable deposit

Does it get any worse? Hope she liked the colour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure