Iweb or Interactive Investor for my Sipp

Options
I plan to open a Sipp.

I have sufficient funds to transfer in that the most cost effective platforms are these two. Probably not much cost difference between the two so maybe other factors are the decider

Whilst I am familiar with Hargreaves and Fidelity and I currently use Interactive for my ISA (and know their failings) I don't seem to be able to demo IWeb's site to get a feel for it. Maybe the devil I know III is the one to go for but I am open to advice about these and other platforms.

I plan mostly funds but maybe the odd Unit Trust.

Thanks

Comments

• ian.smith7
    ian.smith7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I would be interested in seeing some replies to this thread as well.
    No opinions anyone?

What do you think the failings of Interactive Investor are? they are on my SIPP shortlist.
    Ian
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    I plan mostly funds but maybe the odd Unit Trust.

unit trusts are funds. So, what do you mean by funds? (some could be direct investments like ETFs, ITs etc).
    Maybe the devil I know III is the one to go for but I am open to advice about these and other platforms.

III apparently use FNZ. FNZ has some of the best software on the market for platforms. However, it is highly configurable (so features/options can be enabled/disabled) and FNZ just controls the backend and trading. They do not code the frontend (how info is displayed).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ian.smith7 wrote: »
    I would be interested in seeing some replies to this thread as well.
    No opinions anyone?

What do you think the failings of Interactive Investor are? they are on my SIPP shortlist.
    Ian

I haven't really experienced any failing yet with Ii. I have been transferring old smallish DC pensions into a SIPP and they have all completed. Any delays were the fault of the old pension provider, not Ii. I am still waiting for an ISA transfer to complete but I suspect that Halifax is the slow end there too.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ian.smith7
    ian.smith7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I have just been having a look at the charges on Interactive Investor charges PDF.
    For a Sipp in Drawdown the charges are:
    1. Sipp Annual Charge £100 +vat (£120)
    2. Sipp Drawdown Charge £100 +vat (£120)
    3. Quarterly Platform charge £22.50 (£90) + vat?? (£108).
    Total £348 (if No trades are made)
    Does that seem correct?
  • Potboiler
    Potboiler Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    i web charges £360 p.a. for SIPP in flexible drawdown greater than £50k. No problems at all with website which is perfectly functional and informative for my limited dealing. No app though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure