Utilise sofa accident damage policy

Options
isotonic_uk
isotonic_uk Posts: 350 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi All

I was hoping if anyone can advise.

We have a young child who as you know can get to mischief at the best of times. We found when we were both out the room whilst he was playing....he wasn't playing but using his fingers to damage one of the leather sofas in the room.

They were only purchased a few years previously and i'm sure we have taken some sort of accident damage plan but so far i am not be able to find the paperwork.

If I do manage to find the paperwork, is it something that I can use on this policy? I have looked online on the SCS website and it does say cover damage from a child.

I include a picture to show what the damage is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia410xqo3bmbsu6/20181212_201106.jpg?dl=0

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    If you've had them a few years you've done well to have that as the only damage. I've got a darker versions of that material and the edges are looking a little scruffy through normal use. Every so often I rub in leather balsom and it helps the scuffed bits to weather in and look less visible,

If you can't find the paperwork or a claim fails, it's worth a try. Renapur is the name of the stuff I bought. A £10 tub has lasted 20 years so far.
  • societys_child
    Options
    I've had far worse than that repaired. Amazing what can be done with leather.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure