Options

Comments

• Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    t&c, post #3

D'oh missed that! So it does state as expected, joint accounts only get one cash payment. But can't see any clarity on a joint and sole being switched? Or am I being thick?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sparx wrote: »
    D'oh missed that! So it does state as expected, joint accounts only get one cash payment. But can't see any clarity on a joint and sole being switched? Or am I being thick?
    Play safe and open/switch into 2 sole accounts. Tidy up as necessary after April 13th.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Play safe and open/switch into 2 sole accounts. Tidy up as necessary after April 13th.

So if I leave the joint as it is, setup 2 sole accounts each and switch these? Fair point!

I'd be stupid not to and miss out on £250 and settle for just £125...
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bizarrely, on the first page of the application...

"""
    Before you start
    Are you only resident for tax purposes in the UK? * Yes No
    Are you only a national/citizen of the UK? * Yes No
    Were you born in the UK? * Yes No
    """

if I click "yes" to everything, I can go on to the second page.

But if I click "no" to "were you born in the UK?", I get this:-

"""
    Please try again, between the hours of 06:30 and 22:00. Alternatively, you can apply in branch or by phoning us on 0845 3030 299 (Minicom 0845 900 5961) for current accounts or 0845 301 6090 (Minicom 0800 404 6161) for savings accounts. Calls may be recorded.
    """
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well account applied for successfully this morning, quite a good process, especially with how they electronically verify other id such as drivers licence and passport. have applied to switch my Yorkshire account into this one this morning as part of the application as the switch reward has come through.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 11 January 2018 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Thanks Sconeyj
    MABLE wrote: »

I was accepted with no issues and they offered me a 4,000 overdraft facility but not interested. Only in it for the bonus.

Applied yesterday afternoon & like you, offered £4k overdraft, which I declined.

Been a long time since I've had an incentive, so one is welcome!

Me too. Thought I'd bagged my last switch bonus a very long time ago:(, in fact I've been 'consolidating' redundant accounts.

I was a bit put off by the mention of ordering a card reader, which I detest. Obviously, not enough to forego an easy £125 though:D
  • FreakShow!
    Options
    Maybe astupid question, but I don't have any accounts suitable to switch, so I've opened a Santander account online this morning.

Can I apply for the switch immediately? Or do I need to put some money in to the account, let it sit for a bit before applying for the switch?

Obviously I can't log in to the account yet as all those details come in the post.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, can you switch a savings account as part of the switching process?
  • badger09
    Options
    FreakShow! wrote: »
    Maybe astupid question, but I don't have any accounts suitable to switch, so I've opened a Santander account online this morning.

Can I apply for the switch immediately? Or do I need to put some money in to the account, let it sit for a bit before applying for the switch?

Obviously I can't log in to the account yet as all those details come in the post.

There's no need to 'let it sit for a bit', but I would put some money in it so there is something to switch;) Also, be aware that Natwest ask for the debit card number for the account to be switched, so if you've applied for one, you'll have to wait until you have that.

Nothing to stop you applying for the Natwest account now though
  • badger09
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Out of interest, can you switch a savings account as part of the switching process?

No. The CASS is the Current Account Switching Service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport