Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tbw wrote: »
    Can I ask why you don't phone them - I find it easier to talk to someone direct.

Answer: I am at work :)
    I think....
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Look at these divine glass EDTs in the Bloom Advent Calendar (£6 SD) loving the smells apart from Chocolate :p

23mtz6g.jpg

How much is in them please snap? I would guess about 5 ml?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can I ask why you don't phone them - I find it easier to talk to someone direct.
    I love online chat as am hard of hearing and get all flustered, panicky and sweaty (combined with hot flushes too lol) when using the phone. The one time I tried to phone AMEX as I didnt realise they had live chat then, I was getting all these prerecorded messages, press 1 for this etc etc. With live chat, I rarely waited more than a few minutes before getting chatting with someone and problem solved very quickly.
    I need to cancel OH's Amex soon. Can that be done on live chat does anyone know?
    tia :)

Afternoon all :wave:
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Answer: I am at work :)

According to my paperwork they are available 24/7 by phone.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Her s isn’t Nellie it’s grey :eek:. Yes we all enjoyed it :D

To be fair to Nellie, it does look the same colour as your, suppose it could be more grey than blonde.#silversusie
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2 different staff (Amex) both told me the same thing ie every shop is checked every year about 6 months prior to the promotion. (I did find this difficult to believe !) They said they need confirmation from the 'owners' of each outlet before they can list them.

They tell you that as that is the script they are given - they believe it as they are told it is true.

In reality, the map is not 100% accurate and hasn't been for the years that they have run the promo. Some CS staff claim that all Amex accepting small firms are opted in automatically (they aren't, otherwise 1stop would be included!), others that the owners have to opt in. Personally, if they accept Amex, I cannot see a reason why the shop would not want to be included - yes, they pay the fees on £10 or so, but they will get more business. If they don't like the fees from Amex, don't accept Amex at all, promo or not - simples!

I think it would be greatly improved if businesses were auto-enrolled (apart from those at home addresses) and added to the map - they could have an opt-out letter/email sent to all businesses that said if they didn't want to participate, let them know. They could do much more with the promo as it is a little half-baked at the moment.

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »
    My SS tills haven't taken any apg's for a few weeks.
    Tried both ways of entering them, but transactions voided and had to go to CS.
    Not good when trying to use big ones :(
    Had no idea why, as work in a different store, so probably this update.
    No problems on normal tills.

It is funny how a supposed update makes it worse - it used to work great with scanning the voucher and the receipt, then they messed that up - it seems they have made an even bigger mess of it in some stores.

Anon
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Evening folks :wave: I missed a doctors appointment again today by sleeping through my alarm and phone calls. Oh dear I will be getting a warning soon :o
    sarahskint wrote: »
    England - i'm an Essex girl :D

I had you as England but was confused by all colours of lip cracker working but I am guessing that they worked v £5 price not the reduced T price?
    Well, I just called in at A to use up a Muller apg, went SS and asked SA to put apg through.

Was told I'd 'have to be taken to CS' for that.

Shop voided and off we went, SA said on the way that the SS tills in mine have had an update and now they don't take apgs, but CS would be happy to scan them.

I'm grateful it was only two items I was buying...

I got caught by that at Leicester on Saturday. Had three suspended shops to take to CS :eek:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Anon
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Few of the shops knew about the £5 back offer although several did have an amex small shops sticker on display. The annoying butcher who had a £15 min spend which I only discovered after they had packaged up the meat did know that Amex didn't work on their POS as contactless and had to be chip and pin.

I have had two retailers (4 transactions) that haven't 'tracked', trying to sort out online but messaging has been replaced by live chat and I get 'you are in a queue an agent will be with you in 15 mins and then when I remember to check back the agent has been and gone and I am cut off and need to start again :(

Amex doesn't work in A on contactless either - I am not sure why they haven't updated their tills yet (maybe an expensive upgrade?).

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport