Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• charlie792
    charlie792 Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We've totally hit a brick wall now :mad:
    Been so busy with work amongst 1000 other things going on that we've not achieved anything at all for ages :o

Apart from buying a couple of mini lantern tea light holders from Asda (£9 for 6!) to whack on the table I'm totally out of ideas as to anything else.

I've hit the 'fear' now that everyone is going to find everything really boring, I think part of that stems from the fact we're inviting such small numbers and I'm concerned everyone will simply run out of things to say. Plus mine and his family's haven't really ever met despite us being together 11 years so that's also a nagging worry.
    has anyone else felt like that?

Had a call last weekend to say dress is in. totally terrified for a number of reasons - firstly ive had to order a size a bit smaller than I need because I'm so out of proportion top and bottom, the top can only be taken in so far,and I have to have the bottom taken out - what if Ive put on weight and don't fit :eek:
    Plus I've not actually ever seen my dress in ivory...the one i tried on was green! What if I don't like it :eek:

Stressed!!!!!
    MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
    Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
    Sept 2016 £104,800
    Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)

• apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Aw im sure everything will turn out okay, charlie!
    how did it all go?

i'm feeling deflated.
    Lost my friendship with my M.O.H,
    Have no friends - proper friends at my wedding.
    Family are going because they "have" to be there but wouldn't of bothered if wasn't a wedding.
    My nan gifted me £1,000 but it's all going on wedding & this month has been !!!!! for pay since i was ill for most of the month.

Highly stressed and feeling like i'm not getting anywhere.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Beverley_Bill
    Options
    I have just read through the posts to get any tips and tricks. We get married on 31st August in an all inclusive deal with Holiday Inn. Total Spend is £15,150 which we are delighted with. I had a windfall from a relatives estate which has helped immensely. I have called in a favour and got a photographer, make up artist and hairstylist for the ladies, alterations to suits, dresses etc. for £600. The £15150 includes hiring a motorhome for the honeymoon with our dog.

I cannot wait, although we have waited 28 years to set the date. :beer:
    My names not Bill but I am from Beverley
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hey guys!

It was fairly stressful but all worth it, now I'm on the other side it's easy to say!

A couple of things went wrong on the day but we were both of the mind set not to worry about it, out of our control so get on with it!

We had a lovely day, the weather was great, a bit warm for the hubby but glad it was May and not July/August, sorry summer brides it's hot!

Lots of compliments on my dress, super pleased as it was £57 from e bay and brand new with tags :D

Sweet table was well received by both adults and kids and us :rotfl:

Not planned as a family dance but me, my dad, my son and his girlfriend all know the routine to a song so when the dj played it we danced and were watched by everyone, brilliant fun, we got some photos of our dance too :)

Try to take time to enjoy yourselves on the day, it whizzes by so quickly.
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    charlie792 wrote: »
    Apart from buying a couple of mini lantern tea light holders from Asda (£9 for 6!) to whack on the table I'm totally out of ideas as to anything else.

We went to a wedding recently where the family did the table decorations and it was really nice yet simple.

Basically they had slices of tree truck which were sanded down and lightly varnished and on that they had large jam type jars where they had the battery powered lights in (sorry not describing it really well am I!). The battery pack was in like a lace sleeve that they had made. Around the 'jam jar' was a little more lace.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reported. The cynic in me..... :)
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    Reported. The cynic in me..... :)

Don't know what that was about, but thanks :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    charlie792 wrote: »
    We've totally hit a brick wall now :mad:
    Been so busy with work amongst 1000 other things going on that we've not achieved anything at all for ages :oWe hit a bit of a wall, I couldn't get enthusiastic about anything for ages, I was really disheartened by it too. Stress at work was to blame for me.

Apart from buying a couple of mini lantern tea light holders from Asda (£9 for 6!) to whack on the table I'm totally out of ideas as to anything else. We had log slices with little lanterns and jars with flowers and little lights in, we bought our jars in the end and Hubby is a bit fussy but I would have been happy with jam jars :)

I've hit the 'fear' now that everyone is going to find everything really boring, I think part of that stems from the fact we're inviting such small numbers and I'm concerned everyone will simply run out of things to say. Plus mine and his family's haven't really ever met despite us being together 11 years so that's also a nagging worry.
    has anyone else felt like that?

Had a call last weekend to say dress is in. totally terrified for a number of reasons - firstly ive had to order a size a bit smaller than I need because I'm so out of proportion top and bottom, the top can only be taken in so far,and I have to have the bottom taken out - what if Ive put on weight and don't fit :eek:
    Plus I've not actually ever seen my dress in ivory...the one i tried on was green! What if I don't like it :eek:
    how did you get on when you went to see/try on your dress?
    Stressed!!!!!

Hoping my responses will come through in red!
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts