Smart Meter fitted now boiler broken.

Options
2»

Comments

• lilac666
    Options
    Malc
    We rang your smart meter 'help desk for hours none of the things you mentioned happened and the experience was horrendous. Firstly the installation of the electricity smart meter not gas meter has blown and is blowing the electrically operated PCB in the gas boilers. Technicians did not check all appliances were functional before and after the installation and your helpline offered no heater. In fact, they point blank refused to accept any responsibility and implied that we had somehow blown the PCB ourselves. They dont seem to understand the simple facts that 1) the boiler was fully functional before the smart meter installation 2. the boiler was non functional after the installation 3. that they turned the power off. IT WAS NOT a fault on our RCD , an unconnected random power surge that was nothing to do with the installation nor are we crooks that deliberately broke our boiler. A £5 voucher won't sort it and we were left with NO heating or hot water and told to get our own gas engineer as the original complainant above. They have no intention of refunding us £300 for the repair and the 1.5 extra days I had to take off work - their sole intention was to deny deny I am so angry at being treated like this
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lilac666 wrote: »
    Malc
    We rang your smart meter 'help desk for hours none of the things you mentioned happened and the experience was horrendous. Firstly the installation of the electricity smart meter not gas meter has blown and is blowing the electrically operated PCB in the gas boilers. Technicians did not check all appliances were functional before and after the installation and your helpline offered no heater. In fact, they point blank refused to accept any responsibility and implied that we had somehow blown the PCB ourselves. They dont seem to understand the simple facts that 1) the boiler was fully functional before the smart meter installation 2. the boiler was non functional after the installation 3. that they turned the power off. IT WAS NOT a fault on our RCD , an unconnected random power surge that was nothing to do with the installation nor are we crooks that deliberately broke our boiler. A £5 voucher won't sort it and we were left with NO heating or hot water and told to get our own gas engineer as the original complainant above. They have no intention of refunding us £300 for the repair and the 1.5 extra days I had to take off work - their sole intention was to deny deny I am so angry at being treated like this

Hello lilac666 and I'm sorry we've not been able to sort this for you. I would certainly escalate this as per my post of yesterday.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If the posters above genuinely believe that they have a case against a supplier, or it!!!8217;s nominated agent, for damage caused to a boiler then redress is simple. File a claim against the supplier for the recovery of costs via The Small Claims Court. Clearly, evidence will needed to support such a claim.
  • hunter40
    Options
    It appears after all I'm not the only one having issues with E.on and Morrisons Utility services. On 26th April E.on sent Morrisons Utilty to my home to install Smart meters. However after not getting permission to turn off gas to do gas meter Install I now find myself without heating or hot water for seven days. After spending nearly in excess of 12 hours calling E.on and Morrisons over that period, they're not accepting liability. Morrisons sent a Senior Technician out on 30th April to check install which he stated technician should have sought permission prior to turning gas off and shouldn't have touched the inner casing of boiler. He would email report back to Morrisons to advise this and assured me would be honest and shook my hand. I then get a call from exec team of E.on to say Morrisons aren't accepting liability. The Senior Technician failed to state anything in his report that he said would do and has audacity to state my wife agreed to turning off gas. After contacting Morrisons themselves they stated would open another complaint as original complaint been closed based on misleading info and would get back to me. They never got back to me and after three call backs to the complaints team they stated need to go ombudsman. So I now find myself in the added situation with E.on who have left myself and my young family without any heating or hot water for seven days. They have now taken out a direct debit at a higher amount. After a call to same resolutions team at E.on 1st May the manager agreed to put Direct Debit back to original amount and refund difference. I now find myself this evening the manager from last night hasn't refunded difference and reset Direct Debit back. Furthermore a different manager tonight stated I can pass you through to a separate team if your struggling to pay bill which isn't the case. The same said ma ager agreed my energy usage has t went up. When questioned said manager he couldn't give an answer and as contact centre shut at 8pm and then terminated call.

So to some up E.on and Morrisons Utility have broken my boiler which I have to replace at my own expense although letter states like in other posts would leave home as found it. I've been out with heat of hot water now going into 8th day. They've taken money out my account at a higher amount without prior warning. When challenged agreed would refund and reset back Direct Debit back original amount and assured me would happen hasn't so lied to me then to be told I'm having money issues tonight and could be passed to their debt team but when challenged to be then hung up on. Have technicians lie blatantly to my face and be hung up on by nearly 5 managers and two senior managers. Be promised callbacks by so many senior managers and an exec in CEO dept not happen. To be called a liar as well as my wife, I'm only worth £35 compensation. I'm now having to seek legal advice to see where I go next.

Thanks E.on and Morrisons bravo
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May 2019 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Changing a gas meter, smart or dumb, only needs the system purging after the change. The boiler itself doe s nt need to be touched if there is a gas hob or gas fire..
    All the purging is done by simply switching a gas ring on until pure gas comes out and the cooker burns correctly. Absolutely no need to touch a gas boiler or relight a boiler if there is a gas cooker or gas fire in the property..The customer simply switches off the boiler completely prior to the exchange and it is their responsibility to switch the boiler on again.
    There will be faults occurring in any appliance on switch on or off and I would expect a few boilers would go down given their short lifespan of modern boilers of between 6 to 10 years given their inherent unreliability.
    Sounds to me these complaints are similar to when we have a flu jab and a few people go down with a cold, or what they think is flu and of course then claim the dead flu virus gave them flu..
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hunter40 wrote: »
    It appears after all I'm not the only one having issues with E.on and Morrisons Utility services. On 26th April E.on sent Morrisons Utilty to my home to install Smart meters. However after not getting permission to turn off gas to do gas meter Install I now find myself without heating or hot water for seven days. After spending nearly in excess of 12 hours calling E.on and Morrisons over that period, they're not accepting liability. Morrisons sent a Senior Technician out on 30th April to check install which he stated technician should have sought permission prior to turning gas off and shouldn't have touched the inner casing of boiler. He would email report back to Morrisons to advise this and assured me would be honest and shook my hand. I then get a call from exec team of E.on to say Morrisons aren't accepting liability. The Senior Technician failed to state anything in his report that he said would do and has audacity to state my wife agreed to turning off gas. After contacting Morrisons themselves they stated would open another complaint as original complaint been closed based on misleading info and would get back to me. They never got back to me and after three call backs to the complaints team they stated need to go ombudsman. So I now find myself in the added situation with E.on who have left myself and my young family without any heating or hot water for seven days. They have now taken out a direct debit at a higher amount. After a call to same resolutions team at E.on 1st May the manager agreed to put Direct Debit back to original amount and refund difference. I now find myself this evening the manager from last night hasn't refunded difference and reset Direct Debit back. Furthermore a different manager tonight stated I can pass you through to a separate team if your struggling to pay bill which isn't the case. The same said ma ager agreed my energy usage has t went up. When questioned said manager he couldn't give an answer and as contact centre shut at 8pm and then terminated call.

So to some up E.on and Morrisons Utility have broken my boiler which I have to replace at my own expense although letter states like in other posts would leave home as found it. I've been out with heat of hot water now going into 8th day. They've taken money out my account at a higher amount without prior warning. When challenged agreed would refund and reset back Direct Debit back original amount and assured me would happen hasn't so lied to me then to be told I'm having money issues tonight and could be passed to their debt team but when challenged to be then hung up on. Have technicians lie blatantly to my face and be hung up on by nearly 5 managers and two senior managers. Be promised callbacks by so many senior managers and an exec in CEO dept not happen. To be called a liar as well as my wife, I'm only worth £35 compensation. I'm now having to seek legal advice to see where I go next.

Thanks E.on and Morrisons bravo

Hello hunter40 and I'm sorry you've been without heating and hot water.

From what you say, it seems there's a dispute as to liability and I'd encourage you to follow the advice given and take this to the Energy Ombudsman for an impartial ruling. There's information about how to do this on our website.

With the Direct Debit, I'd treat this as a separate complaint and escalate to the next level by going to our Review Team. The Complaint Manager will have recorded the agreed actions in the account notes. Our Reviewers will be able to see these notes and, if we've failed to do what we said we would, take the necessary actions to put this right. They'll also feedback to advisors and their managers. Again, there's more information on our website.

Whenever we need to make a change to a customer's payments, we'll either send an email (where consent to do this has been given) or a letter. Alternatively, where customers receive paper bills, we'll put a message on the front page. These communications advise the new amount and when the revised payment starts.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the way your account has been handled hunter40 and hope you're able to sort the heating /hot water.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Simply turning an applance of thats been connected for sometime and reconnecting a fault can develop,it could be that simply that when the electricity supply was disconnected a fuse blew at the switch if fitted switch or on the boiler pcb.Often the regulator is changed in the gas installation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure