PPI Magnum Claims

Options
MummyP19
MummyP19 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 29 November 2019 at 1:07PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi,

I have today been contacted by a company called “Magnum Claims”

They have advised the company I claimed my “PPI” through had gone bust. I had made and claim with a company and had never heard back from them. This was some time ago.

The lady was calling from Manchester. The telephone number is - !0161 505 1754‬

I gave the following details over the phone. My current address, previous address, DOB.

They asked me about being mis-sold my new bank account as I have a RBS silver account. Once going through various details regarding health they confirmed my claim would be accepted. I was instantly sent a text message and asked to sign on the following site

“Thank you for using Magnum Claims. To sign your Documents and begin your Packaged Bank Account claim, please go to
Thanks”

Unfortunately and stupidity I done this. I am 5 days post op from an emergency section and have a new born baby boy. I would never do this normally but sleep deprivation and a poor memory knowing I had at one point tried to claim. I thought it was innocent enough.

So now... they have my signature.

I provided no bank account details.

Can you please put a very worried mummy out her misery and please please help me.

Thank you so much.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Find out what you signed and see what the cancellation terms are.

If there's a large fee to cancel, you'll need to let them progress and hope they get tired of the fake complaint before you do.

You'll probably start receiving calls from other companies now they can smell blood, but don't sign up to any more.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    This is their cancellation policy
    [FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT]Your right to Cancel

[FONT=&quot]4.1. [/FONT]You have 14 days from the date you sign the authority, to cancel your instruction for us to act on your behalf. For the avoidance of doubt, you will not be liable for any fees if you cancel within 14 days of signing this agreement.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • MummyP19
    Options
    I called today, no response.

I emailed them directly to confirm cancellation of any contract as of today’s date. Should this be sufficient?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Follow it up with a letter, get a proof of posting. This is free.
    Keep a copy of all paperwork
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MummyP19
    Options
    I will l do this today. All bases covered, call, email, letter and proof of postage.

Thank you so much for all your help everyone. Still can’t shake the worry. Lesson well and truly learned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure