greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Hugs to you all, especially DH and having to deal with nit picky people who aren't being very helpful.

I did giggle at the thought of you chasing the fitter (down the road...?!) brandishing money.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I did giggle at the thought of you chasing the fitter (down the road...?!) brandishing money.

Hmmm.... if he was a fit fitter, then maybe! :D But he most definitely wasn't - although he was a very nice chap! :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Greent, really sorry to read your news. I can imagine the challenges regarding trying to please everyone.

Take care, Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. That is young!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry for your loss x
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Brodiebobs
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss, what a shock.

Unfortunately a family death seems to bring out the worst in people.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello greent

So sorry to hear about your MiL ... no wonder you've been busy. And the funeral isn't till this Friday :( awful about trying to please everyone too :( I hope they soon realise the effort you're putting in.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks all :) xx

We are physically and mentally exhausted in dealing with it all - there is just so much to do, without adding in the fact of trying to please several other people. I spent several hours at her place today clearing foodstuffs, makeup, toiletries, more clothes, books etc and filled my car for 2 charities. Worryingly I can't find the door key since... am wondering if it fell in a bag of donations :( Still masses to do but several people are staying there for funeral, so I can't clear kitchen fully (am itching to do so) Have left boxes of jewellery (mainly costume) for people to see if they want anything, along with CDs, DVDs and books which I think some people may be interested in. Net week I will box up all of the remaining bric a brac, books, music and kitchenalia and CS it all.

Baked a giant cupcake for Cubs today 0 first time I've ever done one. Forgot to take a pic, but for a thrown together it wasn't bad - choc cupcake, sandwiched with vanilla buttercream with choc chips in (and there was also a hollow in the cake filled with this) and then just the top smothered in choc fudge frosting and decorated in teeny tiny silver balls and white/ dark/ milk mini crunchy choc balls (like teeny tiny maltesers) Piping bag disintegrated as I was doing the top, so I ended up smoothing a load of frosting on and then swirling it about with a (clean!) finger - looked alright, surprisingly!! DS1 was most disappointed it was going out - he said I never bake anything 'fancy' for them, so I've promised him one next week :)

Have sold a few things on fleabay to help increase Florida Fund, and have just parcelled up approx. £30 of books for Ziffit which will also be added if they are all accepted. Rest of decluttering/ Kondo-ing is essentially on hold until m-I-l's stuff all sorted, I suspect. OH has spent most of the day putting together a powerpoint slideshow of pics for the crem. It's stuff like that which people won't realise just how much time it takes - none of the pics used are digital, so they've all had to be scanned in/ cropped/ resized etc before adding to the ppt. Ah well, hopefully people will like it! It really does just emphasise again and again the need to have one's life and home in order, just in case!

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just catching up. Sorry to hear news. And can only imagine the difficulty of trying to please all.
    Take care xx
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    It's a job in itself, sorting through all the possessions and sorting out the funeral. no wonder you're mentally and physically exhausted. (Hugs)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income