Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry for the grumbling post last night - was feeling it somewhat :o

Update on my Sept goals:

• Keep grocery spends to <£350 - need to add these up - not sure, though - there was some comfort spending in there!
    • Lose 5lb - oh dear :(:o - not helped by takeaways a couple of times following m-I-l's death when we were too shocked and busy to cook. And cake!
    • Increase Florida Fund by £200 - £216.11 added to it as at today's date:T
    • List remaining items on ebay (only about 4 to do, I think) - all those were done - and all sold bar one (which is a party dress, so may go closer to Xmas):T
    • More decluttering! - only a tiny bit done in my house, but has resulted in 2 more items which I now need to list on ebay
    • Start Xmas preparations! :santa2: - um, no - total failure here other than checking out what I've already got and making a list. :o
    However, I am going to forgive myself, as it has been an unusual month!

Doors/ windows and boiler have now all been paid for :T AWOL kitchen man is visiting tonight, so hopefully we can make some progress there. My food stores living in the family room is not a satisfactory arrangement, so I am really hoping we can get it done and dusted before Xmas (he was meant to be doing it next month - but having been awol for about 6-8 weeks I can't see that still happening!)

In other news, DS2 is on a school trip today (to Leicester) - and had to be at school for 7am!! He won't be home until 6pm ish, either - he'll be shattered! (He's 9) That's a very long day - I don't envy the staff that one! :D (not from him, just dealing with 60 tired 10 and 11yos in general!) Home, food, bath and then reading in bed will be the order of the evening, I think!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Greent, that's such a long day for youngish ones. Sounds like an excellent plan for when he comes home :)

Definitely admire your eb@y commitment. I have a small pile of things to do but password problem. I need to stop prevaricating and fix it.

It is lovely that Mr Greent has put a slide deck together. I'm sure people will really appreciate it.

Take care, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I went on a trip to Leicester ages ago - to the Space Centre there :)

greent, I think your month definitely qualifies as unusual, and you really, really aren't grumbling, you know. Though I *do* see you wearing yourself ragged trying to sort your late MiL's stuff immediately :( do take it easy and be kind to yourself.

xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    edited 29 September 2015 at 5:46PM
    Options
    Afternoon :)

KC - his (DS3's) trip was to the SPace Centre in Leicester - and he thoroughly enjoyed it - although was tired for several days after!! :)

Well, the funeral for m-I-l was last Friday - and it's nice to have that bit done and dusted. Service was good and everyone who did a reading did really well. M-I-l's sister read a poem which she'd written herself and we had a variety of music and a bespoke coffin in purple, with unicorns, a rainbow and fairy dust on! :D:D

We were shattered after that, so did succumb to another takeaway:o for all of us on Fri night.

Am posting Sept challenge final updates today, as it's close enough to month end :D
    Keep grocery spends to <£350 - £351.93 - am impressed at this, tbh! :T
    Lose 5lb - lost 2.5lb, so not achieved, but still a loss overall. Must try harder in Oct!
    Increase Florida Fund by £200 - £380.23 added to it :T Got paid for some invigilation at beginning of Sept, so that got added, which increased it nicely
    List remaining items on ebay (only about 4 to do, I think) - all those were done - and all sold bar one (which is a party dress, so may go closer to Xmas):T
    More decluttering! - masses of m-I-l's stuff decluttered. But have made a bit of progress on our stuff too. To be continued in Oct
    Start Xmas preparations! :santa2: - nothing done other than checking out what I've already got and making a list.

I'm feeling a bit unfocussed at the mo, so will set some Oct Challenges in the hope of re-focussing me somewhat.

xx
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • greent
    edited 4 October 2015 at 8:38AM
    Options
    • Keep grocery spends to <£400 - still looking to run down some stocks/ not hold too much in advance of kitchen re-fit. But Oct does have 10 days of half term.......
    • Lose 6lb - upped the ante slightly, even though Sept's target wasn't achieved :)
    • Increase Florida Fund by £1250- I have a £1000 bonus which I know is coming, so that's cheating a bit :)
    • List items on ebay as any are found in decluttering - currently have 3 to list from this week's decluttering
    • More decluttering! - both here and m-I-l's. Want m-I-l's clear within next fortnight (other than any items which will be used to 'dress' it). Then needs redecorating, new carpets, new internal doors, new heating before marketing it
    • Start Xmas preparations! :santa2: - get spreadsheet up to date and buy/ make presents for at least 2 people who aren't already completed!
    • Only 1 takeaway (max!) to be purchased!!!
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Well done for keeping so focused with everything you have going on. All the best to you all.x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • greent
    Options
    And just to get this up to date ready for Oct:

720. 3 bras - charity for women in Africa
    721. 1 nail polish - binned
    722. lots more paperwork shredded/ recycled
    723. old mobile phone- donated to charity for recycling
    724. several old mobile phone boxes and instructions - recycled
    725. 3 vest tops with holes in - CS rag bag
    726. 2 books - given to mum for her to read and pass on
    727. 8 work shirts of OH's - CS ragbag
    728. 5 polo shirts, 1 pr shorts. 3 prs trousers - passed on to school
    729. load of broken slabs and bricks from behind garage taken to hardcore recycling at tip.
    730. Clarins large washbag (GWP) - binned
    731. huge vest top - recycled
    732. lots of hotel and sample sized toiletries - used up
    733. carrier bag full of clothes to charity
    734. another huge pile of paperwork filed/ shredded/ recycled
    735. gift bag, card and 3 small presents from stash - used for 3yo's party :D
    736. 2 thank you cards from stash used (still have 2 left, plus a load of blanks which could be used instead)
    737. 2 full carrier bags of 'stuff' to OP Christmas Child
    738. Kenwood Chef bowl and recipe book - SOLD - ebay
    739. Kenwood attachments - sold - ebay
    740. Bulgari toiletry set - sold - ebay
    741. half a dozen greetings cards from stash - CS
    742. Pair of waterproof over trousers (bought for DD DofE) - sold - ebay
    743. Manky football which has been living in the garden for a couple of years - binned
    744. Paperback book - CS
    745. About a dozen books - SOLD - Ziffit
    746. lots of old PC boot disks/ burned audio disks - binned
    747. some more paperwork - recycled/ shredded
    748. cardigan - CS
    749. lots of packaging used on ebay and ziffit (also sold a load of stuff for charity)
    750. 2 virtually empty and dried up tins of paint - binned

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Doing well. Don't forget to *relax*.
  • Cream_Tea
    Options
    I'm pleased the funeral went well. Well done on weight loss as well not easy when you're as busy as you've been recently.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    How is Ds3 getting on at school?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback