Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• feekerry
    feekerry Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    They asked us for 3 months bank statements. Our application took us into the next calendar month but they never asked for that
  • How many people were asked for an employment reference? Or was the 3 month pay slips ok for them.
  • beau6601
    Options
    Anybody know how long the valuation takes to get booked in, we have been waiting on them to book it for a few weeks, we are about 5 weeks in to the process.
  • beau6601
    Options
    I meant put few days not weeks, just keen to find out if it's a yes or no, the waiting is the worst.
  • sr1527
    sr1527 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Beau6601,

How is it going? We are just Bout to put in a full application with Kensington and these reviews arent giving me much hope. We are with thrm due to adverse credit but from 2012 mind not anything recent so im getting worried!

:eek:
  • feekerry
    Options
    My remortgage completed recently with Kensington. From full application to offer was about 7 weeks? And the valuation was booked about 2 weeks after application went in. They paid for the valuation and I had heard if they pay for it it’s a good sign when instructed as they are happy with your application.
    I honestly found them absolutely fine. Towards the end they were working on a 2 day turnaround for documents. They asked for quite a bit of information re my dmp but other than that just standard stuff really.
    I found them much better than most of the stuff I read!!!
  • sr1527
    sr1527 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thats a relief to hear @feekerry Do you mind me asking why kensington? Did you have adverse credit too? I need to stop reading over lending criteria and just wait and see but i cant help it! Tried so hard to keep on the straight and narrow since a good few defaults around 5 years ago so would be gutted if it doesnt work out. Not sure if it means anything that we have a dip!
  • feekerry
    Options
    I had (just repaid in full thanks to Kensington!!) an active debt management plan, that had also resulted in 4 defaults being between 3 and 4 years old, all unsatisfied as part of the debt management plan.
    We remortged to repay the debt, and for an extension. The rate we got was very close to high st rates.
    In my favour, I had plenty of equity in my property, been in the same job 15 years and clean history last few years and never any prior mortgage issues.
    Anyway, I was the same as you but all went really well and thanks to them my life is very different!!!
  • sr1527
    Options
    Thats really promising! We are first time buyers, i defaulted on a credit card back in 2012 and a few mobile phone bills as well as late payments on car finance. The latest registered default on my credit file is January 2013, since then my file is clean and my partners is clean as a whistle. We have both been in our jobs for some time and our combined salaries are over 70K we have 10% deposit so im hoping we will be ok. Affordability certainly doesnt seem to be an issue but i know its not all about that!

Thanks for the positive vibes. I pray that our application doesnt take forever and hopefully more good news is on the way :j
  • Krowden18
    Options
    Hey I’ve just had my valuation done today for a Kensington remortgage.

I just wondered if anyone knows how long the offer is valid for? I need to watch an early repayment charge on my current mortgage! Thanks Kim :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback