No payment today

Options
Amazon was due to pay me on 29th to my Lloyds bank account by bank transfer.

Nothing in my account today.

Will it go it tomorrow, if so what time? i need it ASAP.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today is not a working day. No BACs processed on a Sunday.
    Will it go it tomorrow

Depends on when they sent it and how they sent it. Also depends on your bank or building society account.
    if so what time?
    Depends on when they sent it and how they sent it. Also depends on your bank or building society account.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • JohnLock
    JohnLock Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    could it go in a few minutes after midnight on 30th then?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JohnLock wrote: »
    That may well happen, if the payment was sent on time. Or within a couple of hours of midnight...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unlikely. Most banks do their processing for BACS in the early hours of the morning.

The only exception would be if the sender used Faster Payments and sends it immediately after midnight. Then it should arrive within two hours.
  • JohnLock
    JohnLock Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    bloody rediculous that BACS don't go through on sunday's, in these modern globalised times..... banks need to change.. sick of it
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bloody rediculous that BACS don't go through on sunday's, in these modern globalised times..... banks need to change.. sick of it
    But then you'd also need payments to leave accounts on weekends too. It would be possible but would need a massive industry-wide change.

With computer systems that are still stuck in the 70s, this may be easier said than done. The recent TSB fiasco will explain the reason banks haven't upgraded their system, rather just "bolted" stuff on top of the old one.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are Amazon your employer, or are you expecting a refund from Amazon?

If Amazon is your employer, your contract should state when you get paid and what happens if that date falls on a weekend.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »

If Amazon is your employer, your contract should state when you get paid and what happens if that date falls on a weekend.

Amazon pay people for all sorts of things - , traders using amazon pay, traders using amazon marketplace, anyone using amazon affiliate schemes and good old-fashioned royalties for authors of books on Kindle, Createspace etc. Refund and employment seem least likely to me!
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »

Zanderman wrote: »
    Amazon pay people for all sorts of things - , traders using amazon pay, traders using amazon marketplace, anyone using amazon affiliate schemes and good old-fashioned royalties for authors of books on Kindle, Createspace etc. Refund and employment seem least likely to me!

You're right, it's easy to forget just how many services Amazon provide.

Would have been more sensible to ask the OP: What were the agreed terms with Amazon?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

BACs is not a modern payment method.

Converting globalised systems is no easy task. Often speed is dictated by the slowest. So, whilst some banks could move to real-time live banking, the whole system has to support it.

Real time banking has been coming since the 80s and hasnt arrived. Globalisation hasn't helped.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure