PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Asda spend today total left for the year £3051.72
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

All I would I like is "I am very sorry you had to return this item,let me sort this out for you" or "am sorry you had to return this,I hope CS is dealing with your problem" from the supervisor

Customer Service at Mozzies needs some re-training me thinks - or maybe I am being a bit picky????:(

We got told never to apologise as if you do you are accepting liability.This is from when I worked for Mr.S.
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • hamish222
    hamish222 Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to grab a £5 of Ald* voucher when you spend £30 thats valid until 10th. So will keep it and do a shop next Thursday when new offers change. No spending from me but only because lateshift and dont have a chance to spend.
    Yearly Grocery Budget - £100.77/ £3500. January Treats Budget - £11.80 / £100.
  • tired_of_debt
    Options
    Hi everyone *waves shyly*.

Nervous newbie here, just found this thread and want to join. Have budgeted £250 for February and, having done my first Mr T shop of the month today and spent £97, I'm starting to worry that I will go over-budget, which I can't afford to do. This is all so new to me! I was aiming for a £60 spend in order to get 10p off each litre of fuel but went a wee bit over:o. I got all my cleaning stuff for the month and have since found the old style saving thread so shouldn't have to spend anything more on those this month and will make more savings there in future months.

One thing really hit me today - the cost of lightbulbs seems to have gone up by 100s of percent in a few weeks!!!! Anyone got any tips of the cheapest place to buy them? They seemed to be over £2 each at Mr T's gaff!

I have just learned about menu planning to keep costs down. I can't believe I have been on this earth for as long as I have without learning all these budgeting tricks before, I am really embarrassed. So I am going to sit myself down and plan menus for the next 2 weeks and hopefully that will mean a minimal shop next week. I got a £5 voucher today to use against next week's shop and I also checked on the Clubcard site for any unused vouchers, as recommended by MSE's weekly email, and I have £18 in vouchers there, making £23 all together! So I should be able to get next week's shop for next to nothing!

This frugal living is both more of a challenge and more exciting than I would have imagined it being!
  • Hey,
    So was told to come here. Did my tesco's shop today with the yummy ps3 man. We had to stock up on alot of things as we don't go shopping untill the store cupboard and freezer is nigh on empty.
    So I'm thinking maby set a budget of £300 for this month. Got a voucher for £5 off the next £40 shop, and waiting for Mr T club card vouchers to come through so that'll be easier for me and mr ps3 man.
    I am loving the frugal living thing, and I don't go without at all.... cept for chocolate, it's not kind on my waist....
    Feb Grocery challenge: £120/£300 :D
  • JARUS
    JARUS Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone *waves shyly*.

Nervous newbie here, just found this thread and want to join. Have budgeted £250 for February and, having done my first Mr T shop of the month today and spent £97, I'm starting to worry that I will go over-budget, which I can't afford to do. This is all so new to me! I was aiming for a £60 spend in order to get 10p off each litre of fuel but went a wee bit over:o. I got all my cleaning stuff for the month and have since found the old style saving thread so shouldn't have to spend anything more on those this month and will make more savings there in future months.

One thing really hit me today - the cost of lightbulbs seems to have gone up by 100s of percent in a few weeks!!!! Anyone got any tips of the cheapest place to buy them? They seemed to be over £2 each at Mr T's gaff!

I have just learned about menu planning to keep costs down. I can't believe I have been on this earth for as long as I have without learning all these budgeting tricks before, I am really embarrassed. So I am going to sit myself down and plan menus for the next 2 weeks and hopefully that will mean a minimal shop next week. I got a £5 voucher today to use against next week's shop and I also checked on the Clubcard site for any unused vouchers, as recommended by MSE's weekly email, and I have £18 in vouchers there, making £23 all together! So I should be able to get next week's shop for next to nothing!

This frugal living is both more of a challenge and more exciting than I would have imagined it being!

Hi & welcome

I am fairly new to site - joined in January.

I did the same at Mr T to get the 10p off fuel and ended up spending £109.50http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_style_1/icons/icon9.gif. I am annoyed because I also got a voucher for £5 off if you spend £40.

I did meal plans for the month and tried to buy for the month, but what I will try to do next month is spread the shop a bit for evenily so I can take advantage of vouchers later in the month.

I'd also been to A*di earlier in the day and spent £56 using up my £5 off £30 voucher.

I am also worried as I set my February budget at £290 and have already spent £165 of it. I have got meals for the whole month and cereal - so should only need bread, milk, fruit and veg.

I set up my 2nd purse yesterday which I am really pleased about.

You may find it helpful to join Don't throw food away - that really makes me think about food waste and how I can use food up.

Good Luck

Jarus xx
    :jCross stitch cards completed 2010 -1
    £2 savers club 2012 #174 £16 Jan (saving for Christmas 2012)
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge 2012 January £9.35/£5 February£8.59/£10 Annual £13.89/£75
    Aim Stash down to 250 items (currently 450 items) UU5/IN1 Jan, UU0/IN1 Feb
    Grocery Challenge £165.55/£290 Feb Annual budget /£3660
  • JARUS
    Options
    Hi I havent declared a January spend but would like to have a budget for February of £290
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge 2012 January £9.35/£5 February£8.59/£10 Annual £13.89/£75
  • 123budget
    123budget Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing to do with grocery challenge:o
    Just sitting here worried that we will get snow tonight - DS is due to fly from Heathrow Mon morn for trip of a lifetime - PLEASE DONT SNOW and disrupt flights he will be gutted - has got to pick up a connection in the USA:(
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 / no. 1205 £110 made]Sealed Pot Challenge 2012/no 1205 target £300
    Jan g/c 355.83/£450
    g/c Feb487.66/£400
    March 411.03/£450
    To feed 5 adults and 2 dogs includes toiletries & cleanining
  • JARUS
    Options
    For all you cat lovers out there who use H*lls just order chicken online 5kg bag (+20% free therefore 6kg) usually £31.99 for £24 - so I ordered 2 no P&P and huge saving - altought will have to use 2nd purse as will blow February budget - well we can eat cat food. It was from P**s at H*me.

Never ordered cat food online before let's hope it arrives.

Jarus x
  • LondonDreamer
    Options

Pound shops! My nearest £land always has loads. I don't have any near me, but imagining stores like Wilkos or Home Bargains would have decent prices on them too.

Got my last set of halogen bulbs from Amazon, decent prices there too. :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure