IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Cancelled by BPA on grounds of GDPR Breach!!

Options
I wonder if this is a first for this Forum, whilst reviewing evidence from Euro Car Parking submitted to POPLA in response to my appeal, I noticed that in their evidence pack ( which was obviously copied and pasted, a fact that a lot of parking operators like to quote us doing) They start off with me as the appellant then half way through the evidence pack they introduce the name of an unknown, unrelated individual! One carefully worded email stating how outraged I am about this blatant breach of GDPR and Euro's lack of care with personal data and Hey Presto! BPA instruct Euro to cancel, evidence is removed from POPLA Portal along with a notice that the operator has withdrawn and an apologetic letter from the BPA.....reckon I have opened up a whole can of worms for Euro....they have 1 month to issue a response...i.e a written apology to me and obviously the third party before I pursue this with the ICO, DVLA, my local MP, Regional Paper etc
I make that me 4-0 to me over the parking companies over the last 6 months....and not one of the tickets was incurred by me!...that's a saving of £400 thanks to the advice and information available on this forum...to those who regularly contribute and provide expertise....a big Thank You!:T

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ECP tend to be a shambles, in a car park near me, the ECP warden looks like a tramp walking around smoking a joint

Complain to the DVLA and ICO

What will the BPA do ? .... NOTHING ? .... for this old dinosaur it's money money that floats their boat
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    What will the BPA do ? .... NOTHING ? .... for this old dinosaur it's money money that floats their boat

But to be fair, it seems they have instructed ECP to cancel the ticket, which I assume was the desired result for the OP, so hardly "nothing".
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    But to be fair, it seems they have instructed ECP to cancel the ticket, which I assume was the desired result for the OP, so hardly "nothing".

Ha ....... quick way out before the DVLA and ICO got involved
  • Daver
    Daver Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know who has taken over from David Dunford at the DVLA and an email address I have informed ECP and they have a month to respond before I can take it up with the ICO as a complaint.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Natwest did the same to me, chased me for another person's debt, phoned me at 8pm

I did not complain to the ICO but did accept £100 in compensation from Natwest.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Daver wrote: »
    Does anyone know who has taken over from David Dunford at the DVLA and an email address I have informed ECP and they have a month to respond before I can take it up with the ICO as a complaint.

Someone will be along soon with that info

Why have you warned them giving them a month ???
  • Daver
    Options
    The ICO web portal states you have to give them a month to respond before progressing the complaint when you fill in the boxes on the Portal
  • Daver
    Options
    ....although I now have an email address for the ICO as well so I'll contact them via that.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Daver wrote: »

There's no information on the person who actually took over the role (if it was handed over to an individual), but the email address which seems to work in getting through to at least the right department is:

ccrt@dvla.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport