Surely if people have no anti virus programs that is more dangerious
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    Is there a better internet security package?
    If using Windows, use the latest Win 10 Creators updated version with its built in AV. No need to buy 3rd party AV, although Malwarebytes Premium (the paid for version), might be a useful addition.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trump-inspired, Russian - hating lunacy. There may be a case for caution with high-end Tech businesses and sensitive government departments. But even if Kaspersky was spying on ordinary users like me, what would they learn? Nothing but the boring doings of ordinary citizens. There is too much Cold War - style hysteria about.

The CEO is on record as stating that he will move the company out of Russia if it affects the profitability of his business. It is a huge, successful company now. Many other IT and AV companies use Kaspersky's malware lists and expertise. In all my years of using Kaspersky IS & AV products, I have never been less than happy to do so. This is nothing but White House paranoia, being communicated to Westminster and one UK bank being over-sensitive to rumour.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • capital0ne
    Options
    They both report directly to the Kremlin - DO NOT USE - Barclays Bank have issued warning for all its customers to remove it.

You do no need any AV software, it just leads you into a false sense of security.

Just make sure you have a firewall running at all times.

Never click on a link in an e-mail unless you know for certain it's real.

Never enter any credit card details on a non HTTPS page

It's that simple
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use Avast free and it’s perfect for my needs. And free!

https://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2017 at 1:56PM
    Options
    capital0ne wrote: »
    They both report directly to the Kremlin - DO NOT USE - Barclays Bank have issued warning for all its customers to remove it.

You do no need any AV software, it just leads you into a false sense of security.

Just make sure you have a firewall running at all times.

Never click on a link in an e-mail unless you know for certain it's real.

Never enter any credit card details on a non HTTPS page

It's that simple

Barclays have not said to remove it they just say they they are not offering to new users - this is just a precaution they also say users probably have no problem with it
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been using Kaspersky for over ten years, if the Russians have been spying on me they are welcome to all they have found out, I am sure the Kremlin must have files inches deep by now. :eek:

As you can see I am really worried and going to start wearing my tinfoil hat.:p
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2017 at 10:27PM
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    I have been using Kaspersky for over ten years, if the Russians have been spying on me they are welcome to all they have found out, I am sure the Kremlin must have files inches deep by now. :eek:

As you can see I am really worried and going to start wearing my tinfoil hat.:p

I totally agree with you I too am very happy with Kaspersky and have been using it for a long time.
    I have heard kaspersky is the best anti virus software out.
    If the Russians wanted to spy in me they would probably suffer from boredom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure