Sports abroard, holiday insurance - check and then recheck again.

Options
124»

Comments

• Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    AlwaysHere wrote: »
    My policy covers White/Black water rafting(Grades 1 to 4) as standard. I have to inform them beforehand for Grade 5 & 6.

Was your concern that it was a higher grade than that?

hello AlwaysHere

My policy covers Grade 1 & Grade 2 rafting. The course we were on was a beginners trip, Ideal for younger and inexperienced paddlers suitable for families, for age 7+.
    We went rafting and had fun - until I hurt myself.
    Before I was taken to the hospital for assessment, we went back to the people who run the course, to confirm its Grading.
    The answer was Grade 1 to Grade 2, but when the ice melt is high (which is wasn't when we went, quite the opposite), then sections become Grade 3 and it becomes a Grade 2-Grade 3 course.

Rather than taking the chance of running up a huge medical bill, that was then refused by the insurance company, I took one for the team, self medicated, took it easy for the last day of our holiday and got myself home.

*** my knee is now nearly fully recovered and I'm taking physio to rebuild the muscle wastage. I'd quite badly torn the Medial Cruciate Ligament and it was down to about 33% of what it should have been
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    As an aside, InsureandGo cover zip-lining as standard.

are you sure ?
    I've just had a quick look at their policies and it looked like a NO to me.

Maybe you can do it as an addon ?
  • AlwaysHere
    Options
    are you sure ?
    I've just had a quick look at their policies and it looked like a NO to me.

Maybe you can do it as an addon ?

100% sure.

https://www.insureandgo.com/Content/downloads/IAG_MF_PW_STD_0417.pdf

Capture4.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Up to Grade 4 as standard. 5 & 6 on request.

Capture3.jpg

The £100 shown is the standard Medical Excess on the Grade 5 & 6 extension.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2017 at 7:24PM
    Options
    100% sure.

https://www.insureandgo.com/Content/downloads/IAG_MF_PW_STD_0417.pdf

Capture4.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Up to Grade 4 as standard. 5 & 6 on request.

Capture3.jpg

The £100 shown is the standard Medical Excess on the Grade 5 & 6 extension.

so much for being 100% sure that ziplining is covered :o
    zip lining says no !
  • AlwaysHere
    Options
    so much for being 100% sure that ziplining is covered :o
    zip lining says no !

Perhaps if you spent a little less time being a negative soul instead of thanking me for my help, you might make better choices.

The NO refers to personal accident and personal liability. Not Medical Expenses, of which you have £10 to £15 million in coverage.

Capture7.jpg

Capture5.jpg

Capture6.jpg

A thank you would have sufficed. Now only a thank you and an apology will do. ;)
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    Perhaps if you spent a little less time being a negative soul instead of thanking me for my help, you might make better choices.

The NO refers to personal accident and personal liability. Not Medical Expenses, of which you have £10 to £15 million in coverage.

Capture7.jpg

Capture5.jpg

Capture6.jpg

A thank you would have sufficed. Now only a thank you and an apology will do. ;)

If you are confident that they'd pay out for an accident whilst you're ziplining, then happy days for you. Go forth and merrily zip your way along to happiness and joy. Hopefully, you'll come away from it accident free, but if you do make a claim, please let me know how you get on.:beer:

Being Mr Negative NoNo Bird, I'll for NO -you're not covered for Personal Accident and personal liability, as per the policy, to mean that I wouldn't be covered for ziplining.;)

• AlwaysHere
    Options
    If you are confident that they'd pay out for an accident whilst you're ziplining, then happy days for you. Go forth and merrily zip your way along to happiness and joy. Hopefully, you'll come away from it accident free, but if you do make a claim, please let me know how you get on.:beer:

Being Mr Negative NoNo Bird, I'll for NO -you're not covered for Personal Accident and personal liability, as per the policy, to mean that I wouldn't be covered for ziplining.;)

Instead of embarrassing yourself by posting silly statements for all to see, why didn't you simply call InsureandGo in order to check??

I guess making a fool of yourself takes less effort.

Capture4.jpg

Once again, Personal Accident relates to something completely different to Medical Expenses. Personal Accident pays out compensation. Personal Liability relates to your liability to a Third Party.

For your sake, take the few minutes it takes to call InsureandGo for free. 0800 083 6237 They should still be open.

If you are of good stock, you'll come back and admit that you got it wrong.

• Murphy_The_Cat
    edited 6 December 2017 at 10:29PM
    Options

If you are of good stock, you'll come back and admit that you got it wrong.

I'll go for Plan B and wait for you to get PPR'd. Again.:beer:
    ah, the joy of rediscovering the "ignore poster" function.
    Happy Times.
  • AlwaysHere
    Options
    I'll go for Plan B and wait for you to get PPR'd. Again.:beer:

How did I know that it would be too much for you to simply admit that you got it wrong?

Too bad about the ligament and having to pay for it yourself. Clearly your "very comprehensive policy" wasn't.
    InsureandGo next time? :)

The saddest thing, is that rather than help others out by confirming what I have written is correct, you prefer to engage in some face saving endeavour.

Zip-lining is covered for medical expenses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure