I feel the need for speed!

Options
I've been having a few probs with my NTL broadband and would be grateful for any suggestions!!

I've been using the 150k speed for a while but a snail moves faster so the other day I decided to upgrade. I now supposedly have the 750k speed but thats nowhere near what I'm getting. I've been doing a speed check at various intervals over the past couple of days and the speed is consistently around 300k.

Just after I phoned to upgrade I checked the speed and was getting 700k but ever since then it's just staying around 300k. I feel a bit annoyed as I'm getting less than half of what I'm paying for.

I have antivirus software and everything seems fine, same with spyware. I had my comp formatted about 3 weeks ago so there's not alot on my pc at the mo anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I phone NTL and get fobbed off again? Oh and I use the Ethernet connection thingy, not USB.

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    the 150k service was upgraded to 300k recently, are you sure they have switched you and then accidentally switched you back to 300(150)k speeds when they applied the upgrade to your local network, if there data was provided before you asked to upgrade it may just be an oversight
  • poppycat_3
    poppycat_3 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    You are not far off there! I just phoned them and after alot of 'investigating' it turns out that they had upgraded me correctly, then just after they did that they then knocked me back down to the 300k speed. They've sorted it out now so its now going as fast as it should!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure