Anyone tried to sell on angliamarket.com?

Options
Hello,

Does anyone tried to sell on angliamarket.com?

Regards

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Memell wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone tried to sell on angliamarket.com?

Regards

Never heard of them, but a quick look suggests yet another straight out of the box ebay 'lite'.

Interestingly despite claiming to be a year old they don't appear to have more than a scattering of listings. Search for book for instance and you get a cat hammock a mobile phone and a knock off fitbit,

I've seen better attempts to set up out of the box sites before.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • verybigchris
    Options
    Their "contact us" link goes to a third-party support website where their account hasn't been properly registered. I wouldn't go near them.
  • Memell
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Never heard of them, but a quick look suggests yet another straight out of the box ebay 'lite'.

Interestingly despite claiming to be a year old they don't appear to have more than a scattering of listings. Search for book for instance and you get a cat hammock a mobile phone and a knock off fitbit,

I've seen better attempts to set up out of the box sites before.

Thank you for the answer. My grandma until now never heard about ebay and amazon. :) On other hand I have an experience: been selling on ebay and amazon. They are expensive for small business. I am interesting in technical skills for example what freedom you have setting up products and ect. rather then contact page is on third party server :) (for example: folksy use uservoice server), I don't see anything wrong.
  • soolin
    Options
    Thank you for the answer. My grandma until now never heard about ebay and amazon. :) On other hand I have an experience: been selling on ebay and amazon. They are expensive for small business. I am interesting in technical skills for example what freedom you have setting up products and ect. rather then contact page is on third party server :) (for example: folksy use uservoice server), I don't see anything wrong.

I would check their costs they are not exactly cheap either especially as they don't appear to have any footfall.

If 'cheap' is your criteria check out ebid instead, personally I think it's as dead as a dodo, but it's been going longer in the UK than ebay UK and has a considerable seller base - but it would fit your criteria for price.

These straight out of the box auction sites get mentioned on here over and over again, different names of course, different 'owners' but we get lots of them- anyone that has been selling online can probably name dozens that have struggled for a year or two then just quietly disappeared. I suspect this one will be the same as it has no unique selling point and realistically if it is struggling after a year with virtually no interest it is not a contender for being a real competitor.

My own views, and they are just based on my own opinion of course, is that the auction concept will start to die off and the phone aps like Shpock will start to show a lot of traffic. The younger sellers are comfortable on phones= take a photo, upload and sell - nothing complicated to fill out nothing difficult to navigate .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Memell
    Options
    My own views, and they are just based on my own opinion of course, is that the auction concept will start to die off and the phone aps like Shpock will start to show a lot of traffic. The younger sellers are comfortable on phones= take a photo, upload and sell - nothing complicated to fill out nothing difficult to navigate .

You are right but only for bargain and second hand stuff will work take a picture,upload and sell. To sell in professional way you need a computer. :)
  • soolin
    Options
    You are right but only for bargain and second hand stuff will work take a picture,upload and sell. To sell in professional way you need a computer. :)

I don't agree. I need a computer as I'm old and can't 'think' on a small screen, but the youngsters do everything on their phone.

I'm on several US based forums and it is not uncommon there to find business sellers turning over half a million dollars a year and only using a mobile. In fairness though I think the US eBay is much more automated.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any phone made in the past 5 years is more than capable of listing stuff on ebay with a picture quality that exceeds 90% of the buyers screens.

Its just a portable computer.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin
    Options
    The other observation I'd make is the choice of name, 'Anglia' suggests a local only market and I think it is a mistake to localise a site unless of course I've missed something and it really is for local people only.

Having said that it's better than the majority of these sites that use a play on the eBay name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure