Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinbar67
    • By tinbar67 14th Apr 18, 10:50 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tinbar67
    PPI Claim against Lombard Direct using Resolver
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:50 AM
    PPI Claim against Lombard Direct using Resolver 14th Apr 18 at 10:50 AM
    Hi,
    My husband took out a loan through Lombard Direct about 15 years ago for some home improvements.
    We used the Resolver site to submit a PPI claim against Lombard Direct. So far so good.
    Yesterday received 2 letters from Santander which were basically acknowledgement letters stating that they had received our claim and were looking into it.
    Two questions:-
    1. I thought that RSB took over Lombard Direct so why was my PPI claim directed to Santander?
    2. If my claims was mis-directed by Resolver, what do I do now???

Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Apr 18, 10:59 AM
    • 18,621 Posts
    • 19,880 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:59 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:59 AM
    It's always better to send your complaint direct rather than asking someone else to do it for you.
    • tinbar67
    • By tinbar67 15th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinbar67
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    Thanks for that. I'm happy to go direct and think I've found the right address. Does anyone know if this is the right address??

Lombard Direct
    PPI Customer Concerns Unit/Bristol
    The Royal Bank of Scotland
    PO Box 833
    4th Floor Trinity Quay
    Bristol BS99 5TY

The main reason for my original post is that Resolver is the website that is recommended by the Money Saving Expert website as the free tool to use for PPI claims.
    Do I need to contact Resolver and complain that my claim has been mis-directed? If so, how do I go about it?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 15th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 5,473 Posts
    • 3,370 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    Thanks for that. I'm happy to go direct and think I've found the right address. Does anyone know if this is the right address??

Lombard Direct
    PPI Customer Concerns Unit/Bristol
    The Royal Bank of Scotland
    PO Box 833
    4th Floor Trinity Quay
    Bristol BS99 5TY

The main reason for my original post is that Resolver is the website that is recommended by the Money Saving Expert website as the free tool to use for PPI claims.
    Do I need to contact Resolver and complain that my claim has been mis-directed? If so, how do I go about it?
    Originally posted by tinbar67
    Go on the resolver website and let them know.

MSE own a large chunk of Resolver and make money from it so naturally they recommend it
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 20,981 Posts
    • 11,756 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    Originally posted by tinbar67
    Why would you need to "complain" about a free-to-use complaint tool?

If the complaint has been mis-directed, simply do what you should really have done in the first place and send the complaint to the correct recipient yourself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,891Posts Today

8,443Users online

Martin's Twitter