Shop & Scan

Options

Comments

• Junier
    Junier Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What if I don't have a smartphone?
    If you don't own a smartphone, or you have a Blackberry/Windows phone, then unfortunately you cannot make changeover to the new service. Thank you very much for your help with SMS task. Please note that this does not affect your membership of the main Take Home panel.

Advantages of the app
    With the new app, you can now quickly and easily scan the barcodes of all your items using the in-built barcode scanner. This means that you no longer have to manually enter each barcode number.
    You don't need to remember any codes for snacks or shops - now you can just select them from lists.
    You will have the opportunity to answer additional questionnaires regarding your food and drink purchases, for which you'll earn even more reward points.

What should I record in the app?
    Please tell us about all meals, snacks and drinks (excluding alcohol) that you purchase to be consumed outside of the home.
    This includes items such as sandwiches, crisps, chocolate and chewing gum.
    These items should be items you've bought for yourself or others.
    Do not record any free items or items that were purchased for you by others.

Rewards changes
    We have also made the following changes to the rewards that you will receive for carrying out the Food On The Go App task. Each week you will receive:

250 points for the first occasion that you submit through the app that week.
    100 points for every additional occasion that you submit purchases through the app. Up to a maximum of 40 total occasions each week will be paid for.
    250 points if you tell us that you did not purchase anything by selecting the Nothing Bought option in the app at the end of the week.
    All point rewards will be added to your household's Reward Account as before.

Thanks for your ongoing support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you any issues or queries and we hope that you enjoy using the new app.
  • toshkininny
    Options
    Hi, just out of interest has anybody ever won this? I have been scanning for what seems like years now and have never won, and tbh the winning numbers are starting to look the same!!!
  • MrsB2100
    MrsB2100 Posts: 793 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just out of interest has anybody ever won this? I have been scanning for what seems like years now and have never won, and tbh the winning numbers are starting to look the same!!!

Not sure whether you're asking about the weekly Shop & Scan prize draw, but I won about 3 years ago! £100 worth of points :) I was well chuffed! So it's well worth noting the panel number, just in case. :money:
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    Hi yes, oh well it's not a fix then! Just never seems to be me! Does you number start with 76?
  • ex-homelessdude2
    Options
    er i had email today inviting me to foodonthego panel....and i get £6 amazon voucher if i sign up before the 8th nov.....(emailed saying its the 25th)

so its not worth me doing it now?
    was getting all excited:(
  • xsunnysuex
    Options
    er i had email today inviting me to foodonthego panel....and i get £6 amazon voucher if i sign up before the 8th nov.....(emailed saying its the 25th)

Yes it worth doing. Even if you've missed the amazon voucher. The fotg panel is brilliant. I have had a few thousands of pounds in amazon goods over the last few years with points from this panel. They may have made a mistake and meant Dec 8th
  • Star
    Star Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options

The FOTG panel used to be brillant, straight forward to do and paid well. Since having to change to the app version of it instead it is a nightmare. It's a lot hardier to send the information across, they want more information and it pays less than before. Was trying to put a meal deal in I was having the other day and it just wouldn't go through. So for me now, it's looking like its not worth the time and effort. However, you might as well try it for yourself and see how you get on, especially if you get a free voucher for signing up :)
    :dance: :dance::dance:
  • ex-homelessdude2
    Options
    Yes TBH when I first a year or two ago wasn't it 1 pound for each text? Now it seems to be 10p with 25p bonus at beginning week
    I eat loads junk food so may as well try it , scanned couple of things and seems straight forward.... Not turning GPS on though for sake few pence

Do the credits just get added to shopandscan balance?
    How long do they take?

Thx
  • Star
    Star Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options
    Yes TBH when I first a year or two ago wasn't it 1 pound for each text? Now it seems to be 10p with 25p bonus at beginning week
    I eat loads junk food so may as well try it , scanned couple of things and seems straight forward.... Not turning GPS on though for sake few pence

Do the credits just get added to shopandscan balance?
    How long do they take?

Thx

I got 20p per text before, up to a maximum of 20 occasions per week, now it is 10p up to a max of 40 entries. Wouldn't of been too bad it they hadn't of halved the payment. Loved the old system as the points soon mounted up. Yes the points get added to the shop and scan balance on a weekly basis.
    :dance: :dance::dance:
  • ex-homelessdude2
    Options
    I'm assuming it's 10p per upload as opposed to per item?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback