0% purchase offere on existing card?

Options
A few years ago now i just rang up Satander (i have a santdander 123 card which they no longer offer) and asked for 0% interest on purchases and they gave me a 12month offer (annoyingly i cant find the paperwork for this now).

I paid off the card etc, so fastforward around 4 years or so and i rang them again to ask if they could do similar, the person on the phone said they had never heard of doing that for an existing customer.

Is this something that anyone else has done before? Is it worth ringing them up again or is it very unlikely they will offer me this? The person o nthe phone said all i could do was apply for a second credit card with them that had any offers i wanted.

Ideally i dont want a second credit card just the offer on my current card? Is this unrealistic?

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They're not obliged to make offers on existing cards.

If you really need 0% then use an eligibility checker to see what cards you would be potentially eligible for
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    empyrean wrote: »
    Is this unrealistic?

Yes.

Promotional offers are loss leaders to get you to apply for their card. Why would they want to offer you another one when you already have the card?
  • empyrean
    empyrean Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    msallen wrote: »
    Yes.

Promotional offers are loss leaders to get you to apply for their card. Why would they want to offer you another one when you already have the card?
    Thats fair enough, i only had the experience of asking before and them doing it without question.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Even if you came across the paperwork, it would not matter - they are highly unlikely to say "oh okay well we'll give you it again" and more likely to say that is no longer the practice. Some creditors, like MBNA, will give 0% to existing card holders, but not usually common with most.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure