Yahoo email address

Options
joho
joho Posts: 4,615 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
Hi all

I created a yahoo email address for a specific purpose and didn't realise that I had created a yahoo.com address.

But I wanted a yahoo.co.uk address and have signed up to a couple of things using the yahoo.co.uk address.

I can't find a way to create the .co.uk address.

Does anyone know if there is a way? I've been round in circles on their help.

Thank you
Jo
If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why don't you just change your email address to .com on the 'couple of things' you've signed up to?
    You can't change an email address once created, you'd have to create a new one, if available.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • joho
    joho Posts: 4,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 April 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Why don't you just change your email address to .com on the 'couple of things' you've signed up to?
    You can't change an email address once created, you'd have to create a new one, if available.

I want to create the .co.uk address but when I go to the Yahoo page ( https://login.yahoo.com/account/create?specId=yidReg ) for creating a new address all it gives is .com. I can't see a way to change to .co.uk.

Edit: Never mind, I've found the answer. You can't have a yahoo.co.uk address. Only yahoo.com
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2018 at 3:56PM
    Options
    I seem to recall that Yahoo allowed me to choose the format of my Email address but that @yahoo.co.uk was the one option that couldn't be chosen. I therefore went with @ymail.com. I do sometimes get spam like a parcel is waiting for me at FedEx's Manhattan sorting office, presumably because of the .com part looking American. If the issue is that someone wants a UK email address I think there are a few options with Yahoo like @yahoo.net.uk or Similar. Choose one of those.

Darren

PS my only regret is that when I try telling someone my email address they usually write it as whymail.com. Its not hard to explain but it wears a bit thin after 10 years.
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Features-and-settings/Change-a-yahoo-com-email-address-to-yahoo-co-uk/td-p/50146

Yahoo.co.uk email addresses are not available to new users and this has been the case since at least 2016. They join the ever growing list of "unique" features that older Yahoo accounts have that new ones don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure