ACN SCAM or TRUE

Options
Has anyone heard of acn or american communications network are they for real or is a big scam. They say you can make money from customers switching to different providers eg gas electric broadband provided you have paid £395 upfront fee for runnng the website.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would NEVER pay an upfront fee for anything that isn't tried and tested such as Kleeneze or Betterware (not that I would pay for those either as the earnings can be so low).

One to avoid I think!

Also, a quick search on Google seems to reveal that this is a pyramid scheme (no surprise there!).
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2014 at 12:30PM
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »
    Also, a quick search on Google seems to reveal that this is a pyramid scheme (no surprise there!).

Its not a pyramid scheme as they are illegal. It is a mlm scheme like Kleeneze ( not everybodys cup of tea ) and is not illegal and its not a scam as such.It clearly says on there site

"NO COMPENSATION IS EARNED AT ACN UNLESS CUSTOMERS ARE ACQUIRED.
    Success as an ACN Independent Representative is not guaranteed, but directly influenced by an individual’s specific efforts.
    No one is guaranteed income as an ACN Independent Representative and not all ACN Independent Representatives make a profit.!
    "
    Would i pay £395 to join it know. If was going to do it and i am not i would join a company that does a similar thing in the UK that costs £100 or less to join.
  • System
    Options
    Anything like this that wants you to pay to join up, and then recruit other members, who then pay and you earn a commission on sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Just because you read some spiel on their website doesn't mean what they are doing isn't illegal. There are plenty of posts about their company online that make it clear they're ripping people off, and frankly anyone daft enough to pay upfront money to this sort of company should expect nothing less.

With Kleeneze you are paying upfront for catalogues, sometimes items and actual goods that help you sell products to others, for a percentage of commission, these are tried and tested methods. To lump this company in with them as if they are the same is ridiculous.

If you can't see the difference between their and there and no and know then it is easy to see how you can get confused.
  • billsavings
    edited 11 April 2014 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Whilst it might sound like a pyramid scheme to you.It cant be a pyramid scheme because distributors can make an income through the company’s products and/or services without signing up any new members.
    Also new members can earn more than the people who signed them up.

I am not relying on the spiel on the website. But i must say at least they tell you not everybody makes money unlike some of these schemes.

If you search the net your find lots of comments about them and others like Kleeneze,saying they are a scam,it doesnt mean they are.

As i said before not everybodys cup of tea,not mine either,and clearly not yours.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    its not a scam as such.It clearly says on there site

"NO COMPENSATION IS EARNED AT ACN UNLESS CUSTOMERS ARE ACQUIRED.

So who gets the £395 then?

If you really believe things that are "said" on web sites just give me five minutes and I'll knock one up selling tickets to see Jesus when he comes back.

The tickets will cost £395 but the site will clearly say

"NO COMPENSATION IS EARNED BY ME UNTIL JESUS COMES BACK"
  • billsavings
    edited 11 April 2014 at 6:43PM
    Options
    No i dont believe everything said on websites . Its normal for Direct Selling Companies to charge a joining fee.EG Kleeneze charge about £160 these days. I dont know what people get for it.I am not interested in joining.

In the UK its illegal to charge more then £200 to join this sort of thing.

I could only find that the cost of the startup kit for ACN Inc home sales costs $499.when i briefly looked.

I did notice they were now flogging health products as well. Perhaps the extra is for stock.

Obviously the OP needs to investigate more deeply and do his due diligence if its something he/she is interested in.
  • truth44
    truth44 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your comments if you say that it is illegal to charge more than 200 in the uk then clearly something is not right.In which case should I report to the office of fair trading?
  • Honest_John_666
    Options
    I would NEVER pay an upfront fee for anything that isn't tried and tested such as Kleeneze or Betterware (not that I would pay for those either as the earnings can be so low).

One to avoid I think!

ermmmmmmmm not true at all :mad:

Betterware isn't the same As KLZ & there is no costs to join Betterware
    The Seeker of Truth & Justice for all
  • Sandra50
    Sandra50 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    ACN have been shown and proven to be a high risk. One source had shown that at least 90% of people that joined usually lose that money.

One to avoid I think!

Actually kleeneze and Betterware have been proven to work. Both have been run for at least 80 years. Earnings are low however I did Betterware and I managed to get a full time wage for part time work within 3 years of hard work.
  • System
    Options
    I know that Kleeneze and Betterware are proven to work, but I was saying that I wouldn't pay for those as the earnings can be low. My message should read that Kleeneze and Betterware ARE tried and tested.

3 years is too long for most people on this thread to spend to gain a full-time wage really, as many are looking for quick fixes.

Well done to you though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport