IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN on private land, what are my options?

Options

Comments

• Dinar
    Dinar Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers mate, I get the gist of it!
  • Dinar
    Options
    Hi guys,

I just got a reply from NSGL Parking - they did not provide me with a code and have said that I must provide the name and address of the driver (which I have not and will not give). I felt their reply to be overall rather unsatisfactory:

gyazo com/a9d5286146cf68e1c22211d9b5296882 (can't post full links, sorry!)

From reading around, I've found that my best move now is to just wait out the 35 days until a POPLA code is provided. Is there anything else I can do?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2018 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Dinar wrote: »
    I just got a reply from NSGL Parking - they did not provide me with a code and have said that I must provide the name and address of the driver (which I have not and will not give). I felt their reply to be overall rather unsatisfactory:

gyazo com/a9d5286146cf68e1c22211d9b5296882 (can't post full links, sorry!)

From reading around, I've found that my best move now is to just wait out the 35 days until a POPLA code is provided. Is there anything else I can do?
    https://gyazo.com/a9d5286146cf68e1c22211d9b5296882

That isn't what they said at all.

They state that they need to be able to process your data to ask you to name the driver and they will need to continue to process your data if you don't supply the name of the driver.

This is a standard response to your DPA Section 10 Notice that you sent them.

They go on to confirm they will respond to your appeal within the 35 days allowed.
  • Dinar
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    That isn't what they said at all.

They state that they need to be able to process your data to ask you to name the driver and they will need to continue to process your data if you don't supply the name of the driver.

This is a standard response to your DPA Section 10 Notice that you sent them.

They go on to confirm they will respond to your appeal within the 35 days allowed.

Oh right sorry, I'm not used to the wording. So I guess I just wait it out now?
  • Dinar
    Options
    Hi there, I received my POPLA code last month and only now (not realising today was the last day to submit) have written up the appeal. It basically a copy paste of all the points except the "No Keeper Liability (windscreen ticket, no follow on NtK) ". Would those points be sufficient given my case (i.e. my own parking space)?

P.S. I've gotten hold of the lease and there was nothing regarding any permits or even NSGL.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 April 2018 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Dinar wrote: »
    Hi there, I received my POPLA code last month and only now (not realising today was the last day to submit) have written up the appeal. It basically a copy paste of all the points except the "No Keeper Liability (windscreen ticket, no follow on NtK) ". Would those points be sufficient given my case (i.e. my own parking space)?

P.S. I've gotten hold of the lease and there was nothing regarding any permits or even NSGL.

A PoPLA code lasts for 32 days, so if today is day 28 you have time to post your draft here for the regulars to check.
    This should be the next thing you do.
    Are you sure the NTK is POFA 2012 complaint? There aren't many scammers who know how to get this right.

I suggest you post a redacted copy here as well as your PoPLA draft.

Once the experts here have breathed on it you will still have time to submit it before he code expires.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2018 at 9:34PM
    Options
    You do have 32 days so what date was it issued? Don't rush if it's only day 28!
    (windscreen ticket, no follow on NtK)
    Eh? Your first post said you got a NTK in February. Show it to us, please, both sides.
    Think about it, don't you agree that's a good thing?!

And have you got the permit now, and any useful emails from the MA apologising for why you were missed?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why didn't you use 'no keeper liability'?

That would've been a sure fire winner if the NtK was issued too late.

You really should have reacted, and started on your PoPLA appeal, when you first appeal was refused - but of course you know that.

What was the outcome from your complaint to the management company?
  • Dinar
    Options
    It was issued on the 13th of March (NSGL said I had 28 days to reply). NTK Front and Back:

gyazo com/ab5ef1db956a4c5a71250614926f42a4
    gyazo com/4cbf4fd20319221348ef4dfeb2389168

I do apologise about the bad quality images!

Also, I was actively searching for lack of information regarding NSGL as that could possibly grant me immunity (I think).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://gyazo.com/ab5ef1db956a4c5a71250614926f42a4

Hmm, quite surprising that NTK, it's likely to be held compliant by POPLA, IMHO, despite the fact there is no actual 'period of parking' stated. Which is something & nothing to POPLA.
    have you got the permit now, and any useful emails from the MA apologising for why you were missed?
    Get proof, to show that you were never issued with a permit and that your tenancy agreement granted you the right to park/2 spaces/the communal area with/without a vehicle (if it does?).

Otherwise, who told you and what was given in writing that mentioned parking? Show us the thing that granted you this:
    I'm allowed two parking spaces by the actual management company of the complex.
    You can't have imagined it so it must have been confirmed somewhere?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure