Armed forces compensation Scheme - Fibromyalgia

Options
2»

Comments

• tris234
    tris234 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    B,

I have just read through this thread and would love the opportunity to speak to you about your experience. I am currently in the rAF and in a very similar situation.

Please can you email me:

[EMAIL="tristanfinch@hotmail.co.uk"]tristanfinch@hotmail.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Kind regards

Tristan
  • rosswatson49
    Options
    Thanks for helping, but I thought Fibromyalgia was generally accepted by the NHS to have been caused by either a physical trauma, or a prolonged period of stress, or both? I had the symptoms while I was still serving.

I did wonder if 'Physical Disorder' would cover it but the fact they give £19K for a physical disorder makes me suspect not - I wouldn't expect to get that much for it. Also they award war pensions for Fibromylagia. I take it there's no discretion when it comes to this tarriff? Does anyone know if there's any documentation anywhere elaborating on what the definitions of conditions mean?
    Hi You could talk to and join the gulf war veterans association.
    They would be able to help you clarify the illness and when it started.
    It has been classed as a gulf war syndrome Fibromyalgia. but it also is started if you have not been treated for some infection or the infection has been chronic and exacerbated by not been given the correct antibiotic to treat it correctly either or for long enough.
    Severe stress related also can cause this to flair up and food allergies as it can give the affect of irritable bowel syndrome so you should look to cutting out high carbs that is pasta rice breads starchy sugars and always look for items not low fat but where it says carbs of which as sugars is over 10 too much sugar as in bright colored fruits and veg all greens and dark red fruits are lower in sugar but still give you your daily supply without the added stress on the intestine.
    so avoid low fat items which have more sugar for to add flavour and a low carb and higher protein diet helps cut down the side effects of Fibromyalgia headaches muscle pain irritable tummy.
    Hope this helps
  • Feiry_packman
    Options
    Hi there.

Sorry you have been medically discharged. It must be stressful to to try and prove that they have made your condition worse.

I was medically discharged from the RAF after 9 years for Crohns. Not sure if you know but this is an autoimmune condition that some people say is worsened with stress.....

I successfully got compensation from the RAF, if you want any help on how I did it or any advice, please DM me.

It was such a stressful time as they dont give you any idea of what money, if any, you are getting until my discharge date.

Take care,

B x

Please can you contact me i love life, really need your advice
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Please can you contact me i love life, really need your advice

Welcome to the forum.

Are you aware that 'I love Life' posted that nearly 3 years ago and according to her profile hasn't contributed to the form since.

If you click on 'I love Life's' name(top left on the post) you can send him/her a Private Message(PM)* that will send him/her an email with your request.

* in the post PM is referred to as DM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport