Can I turn Paypal credit into cash?

Options
I'm wanting to purchase something from Ebay using paypal credit, however most of the items I am watching are collection only, which is understandable as they are large and a pain to package up.

I was wondering if it was possible to somehow withdraw my paypal credit to my bank and then withdraw it so I can pay cash?

I did think that my son could send me an invoice for the amount I need, and then I could send him that using the credit, and then he transfers the money to my bank and then withdraw it that way?

Is this ok or against any T&Cs?

Thank you

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did read that, but it was talking about Creditline and dollars so it's American, just wondered if there was anything UK specific that anyone knew about.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The principles are the same, you risk giving someone else the money and there maybe fees to pay.

But what are paypals terms and conditions when they pickup that the accounts maybe linked in some way?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• marcarm
    Options
    I did try and go through the process to send some money, but paypal credit does not appear as an option so it appears it is not possible.

Not to worry, will have to wait for an item that I want to appear on Ebay with postage, thankfully I'm not in a rush for it!
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    PayPal Credit cannot facilitate a cash advance. This includes the direct of withdrawal of cash or transferring funds to another account using the Send Money facility.

You can attempt to use someone else's PayPal account to purchase a false item under the credit reserve, however there is a risk of being caught, depending on how associated both parties are.

If detected, the infraction can be an indefinite limitation for both parties. Once limited, there is no going back and future use of PayPal under a new account will be prohibited.

In short, PayPal Credit is not compatible with your proposed purpose at this time. Where eligible for online purchases, the option to use credit will be presented on the checkout.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • marcarm
    Options
    Thank you, I actually managed to find what I wanted on Ebay and used Credit to pay for it then, so all is well.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Use excpal they charge you a 10% one time fee to withdraw the paypal credit but its worth it if you really need the cash since paypal are doing the 4 months no interest offer tbh, Theres not gonna be loans cheaper than that that I know of.

A good money transfer credit card would be much cheaper and offer a much longer interest free period.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't think they realised their spam link didn't work.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jakeparolta
    Options
    true, but for people that don't have a credit card I was just putting that out there it could be helpful
  • jakeparolta
    Options
    if you meant my comment which for some reason was deleted but whatever I wont post it again i guess, it weren't spam I used them and it worked, just took 7 days. Was just posting what helped me.

My first time on this forum, you guys just neg and remove anyones comments when you feel to huh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure