Have just seen the receipt.

Options
If they had sorted it out 6 weeks ago they would have got a bill of around £4000. If they'd be a bit savy it might have been £2500-£3000. Because they procrastinated for a month with their heads in the sand, they paid just under £8000 this morning.

Just been told "it all evens out in the end"

Feel seriously hacked off hence post. Won't be saying anything more on the subject.

#deepbreath&moveon

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is there a sizeable chunk of your post missing?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Is there a sizeable chunk of your post missing?

I don't think we're meant to know anything more.
    Personally, I'd probably have wrapped myself in the duvet, put a pillow over my head and had a good scream. :silenced:
  • Normally on FryDay nite when I liquidate my earnings, I just use the tap tap tap, and never bother with a receipt. Not money saving I know, but the headache last until the next payday!
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It looks as if Mr Singleton has done something so incredibly, mind-numbingly, stupid that he's taken to referring to himself in the third person plural just to try and distance himself from the awfulness of it.
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can we rename this sub from "Praise, Vent & Warnings" to "Praise, Vent, Warnings & the ramblings of a mad man" (OK person)
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Spank wrote: »
    Can we rename this sub from "Praise, Vent & Warnings" to "Praise, Vent, Warnings & the ramblings of a mad man" (OK person)
    I'd agree if your definition of 'mad' is 'angry' rather than 'crazy'.
    Because I think the OP appears to be pretty angry (or at least very annoyed) with himself.
    If they had sorted it out 6 weeks ago they would have got a bill of around £4000. If they'd be a bit savy it might have been £2500-£3000. Because they procrastinated for a month with their heads in the sand, they paid just under £8000 this morning.

Just been told "it all evens out in the end"

Feel seriously hacked off hence post. Won't be saying anything more on the subject.

#deepbreath&moveon

^^^^ quoted for posterity. ;)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    19399817_1129971757103674_2023008311650321872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=d_124GVHcMQAQkNz2v-RYZh2C7YriKdZn-7iAts0WuwUvf7mzCU-eEAuw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3adfe6565e9493da16f635d0a383bf89&oe=5E8CE1A6
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Four days ago the OP started a post about opium poppies and yesterday, this thread.
    Have just seen an image of an opium poppy.

Am I correct in thinking that they were pretty common in the UK? Am sure I used to see them growing wild in my teens.... or was it a different plant?

I wonder if the OP's research into opium poppies went a bit too far!
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Four days ago the OP started a post about opium poppies and yesterday, this thread.

I wonder if the OP's research into opium poppies went a bit too far!

Or maybe it was the kitchen units for the very small kitchen...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure