Correcting Unrecognised Address on File

Options
Hi everyone,

-- Can DCA ask me to confirm current address before correcting credit file error? --

Some years ago, I had a handful of Wonga and QuickQuid loans. I'm glad to see I'm nowhere near that place now, but one of those loans was not repaid and went to Gothia and Arvato for collection. Having moved house since then, I never received their communications about it and buried my head in the sand somewhat.

Now, Arvato have linked an address in London to my name and the debt in question. I have never lived in London.

I emailed Arvato - taking care to not acknowledge the account or the debt, as it has not appeared as a default for 5 years now, asking them to contact the CRAs to remove this address link.

They initially replied telling me I would have to contact the CRAs myself but when I asked for information on performing an SAR to Arvato they changed their tune and said they would get in touch with the CRAs themselves and told me the debt had been written off and the account closed.

I thanked the person for resolving the issue and thought it was all done, but now I have another email, saying:

"Can you confirm your current address please? I will need this when I contact the CRAs to get the address link removed".

The CRAs know my current address. Do I need to provide this information to Arvato in order to resolve this?

Thank you for any and all advice.

Comments

• shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    JohnRabbit wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

-- Can DCA ask me to confirm current address before correcting credit file error? --

Some years ago, I had a handful of Wonga and QuickQuid loans. I'm glad to see I'm nowhere near that place now, but one of those loans was not repaid and went to Gothia and Arvato for collection. Having moved house since then, I never received their communications about it and buried my head in the sand somewhat.

Now, Arvato have linked an address in London to my name and the debt in question. I have never lived in London.

I emailed Arvato - taking care to not acknowledge the account or the debt, as it has not appeared as a default for 5 years now, asking them to contact the CRAs to remove this address link.

They initially replied telling me I would have to contact the CRAs myself but when I asked for information on performing an SAR to Arvato they changed their tune and said they would get in touch with the CRAs themselves and told me the debt had been written off and the account closed.

I thanked the person for resolving the issue and thought it was all done, but now I have another email, saying:

"Can you confirm your current address please? I will need this when I contact the CRAs to get the address link removed".

The CRAs know my current address. Do I need to provide this information to Arvato in order to resolve this?

Thank you for any and all advice.

I don't know, but it won't do any harm. If the CRAs have your current address so do Arvato so it really is a case of confirming it rather than providing them with new info.

Be prepared though. Restarting contact with a creditor can put you straight to the top of their list of people to chase.
  • JohnRabbit
    Options
    Thanks for your reply - I intend to settle the debt (it's only a small amount), I was just being cautious in my initial contact with them.

If they're happy to provide the CRAs with correct information, I'm happy to pay what I owe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure