Would I still be eligible for a refund?

Options
Hi.

I’m planning on going down to Vision Express to get a refund on a pair of glasses tomorrow, but I paid with my original payment method and no longer have that physical card anymore.

I have joined a new bank, and I’m just wondering will they still be able to reissue me with a refund?

Thank you

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or course you can if you have a good reason for a refund.

While ridiculous reasons do say it should be via the original method there is no reason if has to be if that is no longer possible.

You might have to wait a while while it is escalated to someone whio will so that though, and you might have to pressure the idiots on the front line to do it.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The physical card shouldn't make any difference if its been replaced and if it's still with the same bank. I know this because I had a car accident which after it was settled affected my premium and NCD in my favour. I got about £80 back, refunded to a card that no longer existed and it still ended up in my account.

With a different bank? I see no reason why not if it was a debit card you paid on and you used the Switching Service, because in theory it could get refunded to that card back to your old account which gets redirected to the new one. In theory. If you didn't current account switch then, um, pass.

But yes, if the card can't be refunded to there's always good old cash. It just makes the company's life easier if they can refund to the original card.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I switched using the CASS Neil so I should be good :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure