EGG Loan PPI Success!!

Options
I would just like to say thank you for the very valuable information your site contains as I have just had it confirmed that Egg have upheald my claim for miss sold PPI insurance on a Loan I took out 3 years ago. :beer:

I would like to ask if it is worth chasing for the same responce for the credit card I have with egg. I have used the 1st template letter as I did with the loan but egg have responded saying that as I applied for the card over the egg website they quote " We do not provide an advisory service as part of our 0nline sales process". And stating that prior to submitting my online application I was asked to read the terms & conditions govening this policy and specifically requested that I agreed with them. Also a paper copy was sent to my home prior to the policy being completed.

I do not want to appear greedy but is it worth pursuing with the FOS as Egg have advised?

Once agian thanks for the advice.

Ozz1e. :rolleyes:

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    ozz1e wrote: »
    I would just like to say thank you for the very valuable information your site contains as I have just had it confirmed that Egg have upheald my claim for miss sold PPI insurance on a Loan I took out 3 years ago. :beer:

I would like to ask if it is worth chasing for the same responce for the credit card I have with egg. I have used the 1st template letter as I did with the loan but egg have responded saying that as I applied for the card over the egg website they quote " We do not provide an advisory service as part of our 0nline sales process". And stating that prior to submitting my online application I was asked to read the terms & conditions govening this policy and specifically requested that I agreed with them. Also a paper copy was sent to my home prior to the policy being completed.

I do not want to appear greedy but is it worth pursuing with the FOS as Egg have advised?

Once agian thanks for the advice.

Ozz1e. :rolleyes:
    I would certainly claim for the card as well if you have reasons for a missell with it. What reasons did you give in your original letter to them?

Is the letter you have received a final response? If it is then get the complaint over to the FOS as you obviously had reasons to be writing in the first place. Don't let them talk you out of it.

GOod luck
  • ozz1e
    ozz1e Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    The original letter reasons:-
    This is due to the fact that you have been fined by the FSA for failing to treat your customers fairly when selling Payment Protection Insurance and I do not believe that my policy was sold in my best interests.

The responce leter does not clearly state final responce but states that if I would like I could refer my complaint to FOS.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    ozz1e wrote: »
    The original letter reasons:-
    This is due to the fact that you have been fined by the FSA for failing to treat your customers fairly when selling Payment Protection Insurance and I do not believe that my policy was sold in my best interests.

The responce leter does not clearly state final responce but states that if I would like I could refer my complaint to FOS.
    If you are still adamant that it was missold then perhaps you could read your letter out to the FOS and see whether they say this is a final response that they would accept OR write to Egg again and ask them for their final and state you are now going to go to the FOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure