Options
2»

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    I have written back saying:

Dear Ms Flanagan,

Thank you for your letter with reference xxxxxx, which I received last week.

You say that my complaint falls outside of your scope for investigation, whereas I know that there is no actual time limit on this, and I am aware of many reclaiming this product even from earlier years.

I have had advice on this, and would appreciate you looking into my complaint again.

If you are unable to resolve this complaint, I will have to contact the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours sincerely,

So will wait and see their reply.
    There is an actual time limit but with yours they are obliged to look into this though.

The time limits for FOS are similar to section 32 limitations act and it can be 6 years since your account closed, 3 years if you should have been reasonably aware and then they can at their discretion use the "only just became aware" even if its over 6 years ago (and you have records etc as sometimes if accounts are closed this long the firm no longer has them) and the firm were within their jurisdiction through either being members of the GISC or part of something like the Banking Ombudsman scheme. Yours however should be investigated and they are just fobbing you off.
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Options
    Just updating this thread again.

I wanted to wait until finishing Uni before pursuing this claim any further. The last letter I got off Barclayloan said something about 'we hope to deal with your complaint a.s.a.p' but that was a few months ago.

Any advice on a letter I can send them that will speed things along? I could really do with that £600 :o
  • marshallka
    Options
    Just updating this thread again.

I wanted to wait until finishing Uni before pursuing this claim any further. The last letter I got off Barclayloan said something about 'we hope to deal with your complaint a.s.a.p' but that was a few months ago.

Any advice on a letter I can send them that will speed things along? I could really do with that £600 :o
    Did you send this recorded delivery? You would now be entitled to take this complaint to FOS if its gone beyond 8 weeks.
  • digitalphase
    Options
    Yeah I did send all letters recorded delivery and it's certainly been 8 weeks. Is there a template letter I can send to the FOS?
  • marshallka
    Options
    Yeah I did send all letters recorded delivery and it's certainly been 8 weeks. Is there a template letter I can send to the FOS?
    Hi, this the procedure for the FOS. You can download the complaint form or telephone for a complaint number and they will post one out to you.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
  • digitalphase
    Options
    Thanks, I will do that tomorrow!
  • digitalphase
    Options
    Just looking at the form and I'm a little confused as to where I put the address details for Barclays. Also should I put down the address that was on my most recent correspondance with them? This is an address in Leicester. My original loan was taken out in branch and the details on my agreement say Barclays Insurance Dublin.

Thanks!
  • digitalphase
    Options
    Also, what should I put in the box where I explain what my complaint is about? Should I just copy and paste my wording from the original complaint letter I sent Barclays?
  • digitalphase
    Options
    Anyone got any ideas? :confused:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

In the complaints form you will find the part of where to write the addresses, so you could write the head office address of Barclays, of whom have been writing back to you, and the other address of what bank actually sold you the finance.

You then write Payment Protection Insurance Complaint/Mis-sold.

Hope this helps.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family