Options

Comments

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Saversue wrote: »
    Probably no help to you, but do people know that if you have a TalkTalk home-phone/internet contract you can get a free mobile sim that gives you 500 mg 200 Min's and unlimited text per month ?
    Should cost £5.00 per month if buying, can upgrade if wanted for a fee.

It's what I use and gives me enough data for when in Mum's and connect to Asda, Tesco, etc when out, so enough for my meagre needs.

No I didnt, cant see it on my account anywhere, where would I find it please.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I note the relevant Villa Maria is still showing £7 on m.com; however I am getting £9.50 SELs in my Ms now. Having had five stores displaying this price, I have concluded that the product is now £9.50 in M even though I have not scanned it. I am not seeing £7 anywhere and definitely not £6. I scanned the other two wines due to issues I had in my stores over those. The Wolf Blass Chardonnay Semillion is still on the M mbuy, even though one of my stores has lost the mbuy from the display. I am getting full price SELs (£12) on the Freixenet as well in stores that have stock, even though it is still £9 in M today.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick question pretty please.

Errant son got Auto Aid last summer to cover the van.

I've just had a look on Groupon for it but it seems to have been replaced by a firm called Emergency Assist which seems to have more restrictions.

It seems to cover 1 person per policy per car (only 4 changes allowed per year, no temperory changes permitted) but OH drives both cars - I think Autoaid covered a person plus spouse.

Also in the small print Emergency Assist only covers vehicles under 10 year so I had to go through the paperwork and found our car is ten in October - I am wondering if this means that half way through the policy our car will be invalid.

I am thinking that Emergency Assist might not be the right choice.

Has anyone had experience of either company.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    I am all behind as been dentist, but all good so thats a bonus :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So what I've been up to today.

OH had his annual check up at the docs and his blood tests showed slightly raised cholesterol levels. I said to OH to tell his doc that he would put off taking statins for now and try the diet and exercise route for the next 3 or 4 months and see if that works as its so marginal.
    He is also taking other meds for other conditions which also might have interactions so I asked him to do some proper research first and ask questions before making a decisions I also gave him some links to look at.
    OH ignored me and comes back from the docs today with statins.

This affects our travel insurance as you are supposed to declare if you are being investigated for anything or if you have any new conditions. If not you risk your travel insurance being invalid.

Our policy is due for renewal in April - after we come back from the next trip so I was going to deal with that nearer the time.

We had one of those packaged bank accounts that include roadside assist, mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance but we had to pay for upgrades as OH has medical issues. Last year it was £140 and this year it was up to £159. That is on top of the £13 a month bank fees so £156 and £158 = £314

I'd started getting quotes from various firms a week or so ago but staysure were the best, answered all of my questions and covered everything we needed. I got quotes for worldwide but not US, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan etc as these are places we are not going to. Staysure sent me a quote by email and then later a text with a discount code. I then rang them back today and even with the new condition on the list they still gave me a good price and then the discount made it even better so I went with their quote.

Then I was on the phone for about half an hour downgrading the bank account to a non fee paying account and I had to update the various holiday paperwork with the new travel insurance details.

I am not doing replacing the mobile insurance - our phones are ancient anyway and if we did ever claim the excess if you have to claim for replacements for loss etc. If we had £600 iphones then it would be more of a concern but we haven't.

Next job is to sort out the roadside assist and if I can get it for under £50 then I will have saved about £100

We had the Flexplus account for a few years and its worked fine for us as we have never had to claim for anything but the price went up from £10 a month to £13 and they also reduced the package down to just three insurance categories. Then OH started collecting ailments and we needed to pay for travel insurance upgrades so it was less useful.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Statins are ok well they are for me anyway . I ve been on them for over 20years due to inherited high cholesterol .

Our local Asda in their wisdom have decided that they will only take apg s if the credit card numbers match the ones on the apg huh Anyone else had this ? I hate our store lol . !!!!!! s.
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Statins are ok well they are for me anyway . I ve been on them for over 20years due to inherited high cholesterol .

Our local Asda in their wisdom have decided that they will only take apg s if the credit card numbers match the ones on the apg huh Anyone else had this ? I hate our store lol . !!!!!! s.

Like all drugs statins are not for everyone I know of one person who ended up with no renal function because of statins, I admit it's a rare occurrence but as mhoc said everyone should do their own research before taking any medication.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    A quick question pretty please.

Errant son got Auto Aid last summer to cover the van.

I've just had a look on Groupon for it but it seems to have been replaced by a firm called Emergency Assist which seems to have more restrictions.

It seems to cover 1 person per policy per car (only 4 changes allowed per year, no temperory changes permitted) but OH drives both cars - I think Autoaid covered a person plus spouse.

Also in the small print Emergency Assist only covers vehicles under 10 year so I had to go through the paperwork and found our car is ten in October - I am wondering if this means that half way through the policy our car will be invalid.

I am thinking that Emergency Assist might not be the right choice.

Has anyone had experience of either company.

I used Start Rescue as it covered just the vehicle.
    Code on voucher codes, cost around £25ish.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 March 2018 at 8:47AM
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    DH definitely suffers from low mood in the winter. He has quite a powerful light box not very cheap but well worth the money I know if he skips a couple of mornings. He just has it on when catching up with the morning news, about 30minutes

Thank you
    I have been contemplating this for a while, will have to look into it although this winter has been particularly tough emotionally x
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    So what I've been up to today.

OH had his annual check up at the docs and his blood tests showed slightly raised cholesterol levels. I said to OH to tell his doc that he would put off taking statins for now and try the diet and exercise route for the next 3 or 4 months and see if that works as its so marginal.
    He is also taking other meds for other conditions which also might have interactions so I asked him to do some proper research first and ask questions before making a decisions I also gave him some links to look at.
    OH ignored me and comes back from the docs today with statins.

This affects our travel insurance as you are supposed to declare if you are being investigated for anything or if you have any new conditions. If not you risk your travel insurance being invalid.

Our policy is due for renewal in April - after we come back from the next trip so I was going to deal with that nearer the time.

We had one of those packaged bank accounts that include roadside assist, mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance but we had to pay for upgrades as OH has medical issues. Last year it was £140 and this year it was up to £159. That is on top of the £13 a month bank fees so £156 and £158 = £314

I'd started getting quotes from various firms a week or so ago but staysure were the best, answered all of my questions and covered everything we needed. I got quotes for worldwide but not US, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan etc as these are places we are not going to. Staysure sent me a quote by email and then later a text with a discount code. I then rang them back today and even with the new condition on the list they still gave me a good price and then the discount made it even better so I went with their quote.

Then I was on the phone for about half an hour downgrading the bank account to a non fee paying account and I had to update the various holiday paperwork with the new travel insurance details.

I am not doing replacing the mobile insurance - our phones are ancient anyway and if we did ever claim the excess if you have to claim for replacements for loss etc. If we had £600 iphones then it would be more of a concern but we haven't.

Next job is to sort out the roadside assist and if I can get it for under £50 then I will have saved about £100

We had the Flexplus account for a few years and its worked fine for us as we have never had to claim for anything but the price went up from £10 a month to £13 and they also reduced the package down to just three insurance categories. Then OH started collecting ailments and we needed to pay for travel insurance upgrades so it was less useful.

The Mrs has high cholesterol and it didn't affect our travel policy when I declared it.

Did you look in to switching bank accounts? could have been more lucrative than just downgrading your current account, on some you can switch to the same bank and still get a bonus.
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family