Halifax PBA Success

Options
Tried the BPA claim after reading the guide on here and thought I’d give it a shot on a Halifax Ultimate Reward account I held with them (I still bank with them but have a different account).

I used the online tool on here 2 weeks ago and on Friday got my refund :beer: I held the URA account with them between 2008 - 2011 so well outside the claim period but they upheld my complaint - Total refund was just under £600 after benefits received and tax etc., I had just under £400 refunded for 3 minutes work of filling out an online form :money:

If you haven’t claimed yet suggest you go for it - little effort required for a potential reward.
Stand Up For What You Believe In, Even If It Means Standing Alone

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    An auto payment
    You were lucky.
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
    An auto payment
    You were lucky.

Is it not common for them to just pay out? I have a few savings accounts with them etc., so wonder if that’s gone in my favour?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A sum below a certain level is not worth quibbling over, so an auto pay is done
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is it not common for them to just pay out? I have a few savings accounts with them etc., so wonder if that’s gone in my favour?
    No, just the amount they'd have to pay you in comparison to the amount they'd pay to the Ombudsman if you referred your complaint.
    Again, you were lucky, you even reference the benefits you received were deducted from the refund!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am surprised they didn't time bar it, though that said I can see why as it's an utter joke if they would be liable for the costs of the Ombudsman for a correctly rejected time bar complaint so payout for a clearly correctly sold package that the OP wanted, needed and benefited from.
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    I am surprised they didn't time bar it, though that said I can see why as it's an utter joke if they would be liable for the costs of the Ombudsman for a correctly rejected time bar complaint so payout for a clearly correctly sold package that the OP wanted, needed and benefited from.

Totally incorrect assumption on the want/need/benefit part - the benefit they said I had I have proof was never used but seeing as I was expecting £0 back I’m not going to argue over it.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally incorrect assumption on the want/need/benefit part - the benefit they said I had I have proof was never used but seeing as I was expecting £0 back I’m not going to argue over it.

Not at all incorrect. You signed up for the package (you wanted it, it was NEVER a mandatory thing, you opted in for it by upgrading from the normal account by phone or online), you received annual statements and brochures explaining the account cost and services (giving you the chance to review and cancel if you didn't want it) and used the benefits (proving need and usefulness). The account covered travel insurance, phone insurance, AA etc. You got lucky on a low value autopay, they could easily have defended and won this.
  • TescoEmployee
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Not at all incorrect. You signed up for the package (you wanted it, it was NEVER a mandatory thing, you opted in for it by upgrading from the normal account by phone or online), you received annual statements and brochures explaining the account cost and services (giving you the chance to review and cancel if you didn't want it) and used the benefits (proving need and usefulness). The account covered travel insurance, phone insurance, AA etc. You got lucky on a low value autopay, they could easily have defended and won this.

Again totally incorrect - it was ‘mandatory’ for an overdraft (which was never used) as the branch manager told me when I went in to get a new card and they started talking about a better account for me and my needs and that I should totally get the account etc.,. Are you bitter about people claiming and winning?

As a side note and my main reason for posting initially - Anyone reading this thread and considering claiming please do so - it takes 5 minutes and could result in a payment at worst they say no or you could get an auto payment :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport