IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cp plus ltd parking fine over 2 hours

Options
Hi all, ive just had a parking notice, for one of my drivers (ive a taxi company) who had parked at Donington Park MOTO Service Station, for over the 2 hours free.
It reads, the vehicle, PCN No, Date, and Time From:20.45.29 to:23.49.18.

Issued by CP Plus Ltd, Borehamwood.

Pay now reduced rate before 24/7/09 £50, or £80 within 28 days, or £120 over 28 days, and they reserve the right to take action.

**THEY HAVE MADE THE LETTER OUT TO MY FIRST NAME: CRIAG MY NAME IS CRAIG**

WE ARE HOLDING PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE
THEY SAY: THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN RECORDED BY AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION (ANPR) CAMERA.

Please all, i just feel that i need to be told i can ignore it, and would this be ok?

I look forward to your replies.

Panicky Craig :(

Comments

• Paradigm
    Paradigm Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore it & everything that follows, just file them away & get on with life :) Don't be tempted to contact them, at all!
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is a certain case where the RK is not the driver so cannot have any implied contract.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • wolvesbruza
    Options
    Hi guys i have a very similar issue to Drive 4it. Mine happened 15/10/09.....3 months ago !! I recieved the detail of the fine today 19th Feb. The only difference bewteen mine and Drive4it complain is that my car was a hire car !! and they (hire car company) paid the fine and subsequently have sat on the bill for 3 months and sent me the £50 reduced charge plus £25 admin fee....funny thing is that myself and my colleague arrived at knutsford at the same time for a meeting in two seperate cars and he didnt get ticketed. We also spent alot of money at the services on food. I need to know where i stand legally because its a absolute joke that 3 months on i have just recieved this fine.... does anyone have any pointers at all :eek:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2010 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Reject the claim from the Hire Company. Reply politely by snail mail.

Ask them to prove to you where it shows in the Hire t&cs that:

1. you are in any way responsible for any private parking charge (as opposed to a real PCN or FPN fine from a Council or the Police).

2. they are able to pay such a demand without referral to you first. In which case you would have pointed out that it's not a real parking fine and could have saved them the money.

Finish by including a link to this Fleet News article that they may wish to read and learn from, sounding surprised that they are not already aware of the nationwide scam that is the private parking industry:

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/story/Question-private-parking-fines-fleets-urged/50211

I don't expect the Hire Co. to give up without a fight. But if their t&cs only state you are responsible for any 'parking/speeding fines' then this is neither and they shouldn't have paid it. Not your problem.

Next time you hire a car, tell them that you want to add the words to their t&cs that you will only be responsible for any real parking/speeding fines issued by the Police or a Local Authority. Absolutely no private parking demands are to be taken seriously - see what they say and if they will allow your note as part of the contract, before signing on their dotted line.

That may help you find the 'right' car hire company next time, you really should deal with people who are clued up and don't blindly pay any old demand some scammer sends them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wolvesbruza
    Options
    Coupon mad...could you repost that link as it isnt working matey, thanks for the advise too pal
  • wolvesbruza
    Options
    The hire company are a national company called PENDRAGON so you would think they would not just pay these without sending on and the girl i have spoken to 'Nancy' was very abrupt and rude. i am rather fed up
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Some hire companies appear to use these circumstances to create revenue for themselves whilst knowing thetrue circumstances full well.
    Check the wording of your agreement with them, if it only covers council and police matters then respond accordingly, if needed using the courts to return your unlawfully taken money.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2010 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Coupon mad...could you repost that link as it isnt working matey, thanks for the advise too pal

Seems to be working now, takes you to a Fleet News article warning Fleet Managers about PPC charges not being legitimate or enforceable. Hire Companies should be familiar with Fleet News - or at the very least they should be familiar with these scam tickets.

Maybe Nancy was the silly girl who just paid it - she would be abrupt if she realises she made a mistake, hopes you won't argue. I would certainly argue!

If the t&cs say 'fines' then state clearly to them that a private parking charge ISN'T a fine. Would they have paid your lunch bill from the Services if they'd sent that to the Hire Co too?! Are they a bit stupid do you think?

Don't let them ask if you did actually overstay at services - it makes no odds as you have committed no offence and haven't been fined. It's a fake/scam PCN that they should ignore! Tell them to read the link and then Google 'private parking fine scam' if they want to find out more - they need to!

Oh, and I am a girly, not a matey!:rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure