IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Would you be worried about this ticket?

Options
The person who I car share with for work got this ticket in a NCP car park:

531q3q.jpg
zw1ahx.jpg

She's fairly concerned but I know that a lot of tickets are nothing to worry about, so I told her to give it to me overnight and I'd post it up here. (Would also be nice to know, in case I'm ever in the same situation :))

She used a pay by text system, but she turned off her phone too soon and it didn't go through until lunch time, and by then she must've already had a ticket.

Should I just tell her to ignore it? :D
"A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    Question 1) No
    Question 2) Yes, ignore it.
    Search for NCP posts and read how easy it is to do so and succeed.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Pimpslider
    Options
    Ganonman, simply file it away under 'J' for junkmail, or 'S' for scam, or 'P' for pointless, or 'C' for con merchants...
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    As above, ignore. Also, if she paid by phone I'd advise her to cancel the card she used, just in case National Con Practitioners decide to help themselves to some money.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely nothing to be worried about!

Copies of all the rubbish letters the registered keeper of the car will receive from NCP are shown on this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2214803

Show your friend the link to the NCP letters so she can see and be ready for each letter. The letters talk about Court Action can look a bit scary if you are not ready for them - but once you know it's just a standard letter-chain that will just fizzle out without Court or any effect on your credit rating then you can happily receive each one and file/ignore it.

She must not write to them or appeal or anything - they don't allow appeals, it's just part of the scam for them to get more info and try to find out who was driving. Not that NCP then ever take anyone to Court anyway, even if they know who was driving, they still send the same old letters and then stop.

It's a very predictable scam. Make sure your friend understands the score and doesn't pay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    In response to the titular question.

No, not even in the slightest way.
  • Pimpslider
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    In response to the titular question.

No, not even in the slightest way.

He he he he...you said 'tit'.
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • ganonman
    ganonman Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks guys. :beer:

I told her to do nothing until I posted it on here, so there's definately been no payment or contact made. Plus I still have the ticket in my possession any way, I'll give it back, strictly as a souvenir. :T
    "A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure