Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I assume just to check that's what was inside the envelopes - I can only assume but 9 out of 10 TNS envelopes had the slit - my normal post didn't.

So the smarts were still in the envelope?
    So again what do you think a postie gets from that?
    I'll tell you,in over a decade at RM working in over a dozen delivery units,with hundreds of posties.
    not once did a postie ever raise panelists/surveys or anything of the sort.
    It has no bearing on a posties job or workload.
    Now there was a major scandal years back of managers in Glasgow identifying panelists. Those mangers were sacked.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    So the smarts were still in the envelope?
    So again what do you think a postie gets from that?
    I'll tell you,in over a decade at RM working in over a dozen delivery units,with hundreds of posties.
    not once did a postie ever raise panelists/surveys or anything of the sort.
    It has no bearing on a posties job or workload.
    Now there was a major scandal years back of managers in Glasgow identifying panelists. Those mangers were sacked.

Yes the smarts were still inside.

I'm not quite sure (what the postie got from that) but he was a strange character as it was so maybe he just wanted to know. I knew him quite well as his family live locally too.

I'm not suggesting the majority of posties are interested but this was just my experience of this one postman. His round has been changed now despite doing this round for well over 10 years, not sure of the reason for that though but quite glad of the change, he often used to question what was in parcels/packaging etc, just in a chatty sort of way but strange all the same. Hopefully he won't be moved back.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes the smarts were still inside.

I'm not quite sure (what the postie got from that) but he was a strange character as it was so maybe he just wanted to know. I knew him quite well as his family live locally too.

I'm not suggesting the majority of posties are interested but this was just my experience of this one postman. His round has been changed now despite doing this round for well over 10 years, not sure of the reason for that though but quite glad of the change, he often used to question what was in parcels/packaging etc, just in a chatty sort of way but strange all the same. Hopefully he won't be moved back.

You mean a bit of a "weirdo"

We had one just the same - chatty - odd subjects - often spoke about all sorts of odd things about people streets away that he seemed to think we knew as our neighbours and as such, would be aware of these details.

IF he had to ring the door bell - something too big for the letterbox - you almost had to be rude to him to get him to leave - the conversation just went on and on even if all you were doing was nodding or grunting in the pauses.

Quite often commented on the mail we were receiving :eek: - not just obvious bills etc but letters that I/we wouldn't know who they were from before opening - but he'd "know" from return addresses/post codes/ po box numbers or other such things on the back of the envelopes.

Did our round for probably about 10 years then vanished - not old enough to retire - generally have a really nice postie now - rarely goes beyond chatting about the weather
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • notbritishgas
    Options
    I am starting the Correctly addressed survey next monday. I am also in the middle of my 6 month stint on the postal survey.

Never done the Correctly before, am I correct in thinking that I log all post received from postie. If so do I include the ones received from other panelists in the postal survey.

Tried to ring TNS but no one available!
    Thanks
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm confused about the presentation packs - I've had them in the past (Shakespeare & Beatrix Potter are ones I remember) - can anyone advise when these are issued and for what reason.
    It should be one with your first live posting pack and one with your last live posting pack. For what reason? To say thank you for being a brilliant panellist :-)
    Never done the Correctly before, am I correct in thinking that I log all post received from postie. If so do I include the ones received from other panelists in the postal survey.
    Yes - count them in the total as long as they are Correctly Addressed (which they should be...). The surveys are independent of each other.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    You mean a bit of a "weirdo"

We had one just the same - chatty - odd subjects - often spoke about all sorts of odd things about people streets away that he seemed to think we knew as our neighbours and as such, would be aware of these details.

IF he had to ring the door bell - something too big for the letterbox - you almost had to be rude to him to get him to leave - the conversation just went on and on even if all you were doing was nodding or grunting in the pauses.

Quite often commented on the mail we were receiving :eek: - not just obvious bills etc but letters that I/we wouldn't know who they were from before opening - but he'd "know" from return addresses/post codes/ po box numbers or other such things on the back of the envelopes.

Did our round for probably about 10 years then vanished - not old enough to retire - generally have a really nice postie now - rarely goes beyond chatting about the weather

Yeah you're probably right :rotfl:

Do you live near me by any chance haha.
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    From the newsletter I received via email yesterday:
    The new Royal Mail Survey website is launching on March 12th

As you may have heard, we have been working on a new IT platform for the Royal Mail Survey. After months of intensive development and testing, the new Postal Platform is now ready to replace the old system that you are familiar with on March 12th. Many of our panellists have contributed to the development of Postal Platform by participating in testing and giving us feedback that has helped us make it as user-friendly as possible. The new system has quite a few features that will make participation in the Royal Mail Survey easier and we will tell you about a few of them in the run-up to going live, so keep an eye on your inbox.
    So who was involved in developing it as I certainly wasn't.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Me neither, although I did help them test a Smartphone app several months ago.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Had my finishing letter a few weeks back. Nothing to post next week but no presentation pack yet.
    Had a reply to my query, apology and pack will be sent out.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    From the newsletter I received via email yesterday:

So who was involved in developing it as I certainly wasn't.

About time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure