Housing benefits UNDER CAUTION LETTER

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    batg wrote: »
    Genuine question, if you can afford to put away £500 a month, why are you applying for PIP? You obviously don't need the money.
    SOme single people are living on HALF what you can put away a month.

Because it’s all made up, frankly...
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 April 2018 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    As I have said and I will say it again, I will not entertain a conversation with you that does not directly relate to the OP's thread - it would be wrong and improper to derail this thread to suit you. As for a PM, that offer was not directed at you - please read my post.
    Can we move on please?

While I agree with you, in general, about the derailing of threads I think this is a different issue. This thread has now moved on to the subject of being able to save money from your benefits. You've claimed that you can save £500 a month.

It is perfectly legitimate for the OP, and others in the same position reading this thread, to wonder whether this is over a period of one month or two years. I am sure that you can see that one is much easier than the other. It would be encouraging for them to know of someone who can do it consistently so it would be good if you could clarify.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Genuine question, if you can afford to put away £500 a month, why are you applying for PIP? You obviously don't need the money.
    Some single people are living on HALF what you can put away a month.

I think you need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts.

I hope I am speaking for all genuine forumites.
    (If other forumites want to copy or copy and amend this post onto other threads when necessary, please do).
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wizardy18 wrote: »
    It'll be because you have gone over the threshold.

Poppy, you need to stop attacking others, you attacked me on here weeks ago and are now attacking others disrupting threads.
    I intend to report you to admin now, as you keep doing it.
    If you dislike a post, ignore it.

I sincerely hope that you don't 'report' anyone that is a valuable member of this helpful forum community.

Poppy did NOT attack you. She criticised the information you gave to another poster and rightly so. Danday is well known on this forum as being a fantasist.

Please follow your own advice. If you dislike a post, ignore it.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options

Poppy, you need to stop attacking others, you attacked me on here weeks ago and are now attacking others disrupting threads.

Are you a 'friend' of Danday and rockingbilly?

I seem to remember an altercation between poppy and rockingbilly and we all know that rockingbilly is back under another guise. I have seen a few posts from you questioning/undermining poppys excellent advice lately and I did wonder if you were one of the 'gang' too.

Wonder when aaronlowe will make an appearance.

I must not bow down to paranoia......who said that!
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options

I have reported this post due to the threat of the poster reporting someone else. It is getting me confused and I cannot ask anyone to report but if you do report please make sure you report the right one who needs reporting.

Confused.......You will be.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    SOme single people are living on HALF what you can put away a month.

Ignoring all the rubbish which is currently being spouted in this thread, if somebody has an entitlement to a non Income Related benefit there is no reason for them not claim it irrespective of what other money they have.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks NYM and bspm for your your support here today! I really have no idea how Wizardy can report me because i actually have this poster on ignore and have done since i was last attacked by him!! I thought if you have a person on ignore they also can't see what you're posting? Can someone please correct me if i'm wrong?

This poster clearly doesn't like me and i also think they're either a friend of Aaronlowe and Andy's or one of their "troll" gang. If he wasn't on my ignore list i'd go ahead and report him too, sadly that's not possible unless i remove him from my list..... Not likely!
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Ignoring all the rubbish which is currently being spouted in this thread, if somebody has an entitlement to a non Income Related benefit there is no reason for them not claim it irrespective of what other money they have.

Absolutely, isn't this what this website is all about - maximising benefit entitlement?
    I am all for everyone making sure that they claim the maximum amount of money from the state irrespective of whether they need it or not.
    If some can save a few hundred or a much larger figure every month out of their awards, then good luck to them.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Thanks NYM and bspm for your your support here today! I really have no idea how Wizardy can report me because i actually have this poster on ignore and have done since i was last attacked by him!! I thought if you have a person on ignore they also can't see what you're posting? Can someone please correct me if i'm wrong?

This poster clearly doesn't like me and i also think they're either a friend of Aaronlowe and Andy's or one of their "troll" gang. If he wasn't on my ignore list i'd go ahead and report him too, sadly that's not possible unless i remove him from my list..... Not likely!

I'm fairly certain you ignoring people means you cant see them but they can see you.

Otherwise I could, for example, ignore you and then run about telling everyone how you post contradictory nonsense and have lots of puppet accounts to back you up! Itd be sad if you couldnt see what I was saying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure