Previous Employer destroyed training certificates?

Options
2»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the situation, it seems the only way the OP will be able to obtain copies is to 'play nice' with the former employer. It will cost the employer little to provide confirmation to the training company that they are happy to have duplicate certificates provided.
    It may simply be a case that they assumed the OP had taken everything they wanted/needed when they left so they simply destroyed what they believed wasn't wanted.
  • StevenB12
    StevenB12 Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I contacted my old employer and they haven't replied which I'm taking as sign that they probably won't give the go ahead to the training providers for a duplicate.

More of an erk that the reason they gave me was to "make room" for new employees, even though they were supposed to me my certificates within a month of me leaving. Hopefully when the providers do contact them they might just give them the nod.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If YOU paid for the training and they are retaining the certificate, then I suggest sending them a letter before action asking for the return of the certificate within 7 days, otherwise you will take them to court for a refund of £XXXX which is the amount you paid for the training.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    StevenB12 wrote: »
    I contacted my old employer and they haven't replied which I'm taking as sign that they probably won't give the go ahead to the training providers for a duplicate.

More of an erk that the reason they gave me was to "make room" for new employees, even though they were supposed to me my certificates within a month of me leaving. Hopefully when the providers do contact them they might just give them the nod.

I don't suppose you could do that £10 thing with the training company where you request all information they have on you. :o

This says public companies though...maybe someone else will have more info as it's not my for-tay.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-freedom-of-information/receiving-a-request/
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It still wouldn't provide the certificates just the entry on the records that the course had been passed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure