PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Sunny but cooler than before here. I'm drip-drying from the shower as I sat down to do a form and haven't moved yet! I had to ring the Sheriff Court to track down the correct form to apply for excusal from jury service, it's well hidden! The clerk was very helpful so I've downloaded it, completed it and it's ready to email back.

DM was good yesterday, she's still not able to eat properly so we had a long chat with a staff nurse. The two physical problems will be looked at again, hopefully that will encourage DM to eat again. She was busy doing a crossword as her visitor today is her buddy in that activity. He reported having had seven texts from her yesterday with 'brilliant' answers. Cognition is not a problem any more.

Today I have to wait in for a surveyor who is going to explore the possiblity of the spread of dry rot from the flat next door - that's just what I need right now. :eek: After that two old friends from Newcastle are going to call in for a cup of tea and cake. They are in Glasgow for an event so it'll be great to see them again.

Then I have iron the curtains from DM's bedroom - I hate ironing and have elminated it entirely from my own lifestyle. It'll need done so I'd better crack on.

I've got the last of the takeaway from Sunday to use up today so that's enough for my main meal. I'm catching up with LoD in bits and pieces as I can't bear to watch it all the way through!

Hugs to all those struggling. Happy Tuesday to all.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all from Mehefinland

Been MIA quite a bit but have had chance for a quick scan . Got leaky eyes too at some of the posts.
    I SO wish animals could tell you what was wrong. Poor Bruisemare is still suffering and it is so demoralising not being able to get to the bottom of what ails her. I was at the stable last night at 1130 administering pain relief again - must admit I thought we had turned a corner for the better. What with that, and all the extra work it brings I am cream crackered. Scoobymare wont go in the paddock without Bruise so it compounds it. She has had to have much more exercise too just to get her out of the stable.
    DS's GF brought back a lovely bug from her field trip in Cyprus which she kindly donated to DS, who then passed it on to the rest of the household:eek: Mrs M was on leave last week and as rough as a dog.. not a happy bunny as wasted holiday in her opinion :mad: and glorious weather too :mad:

All for now. Hugs and spoons as always
    Mehefin
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all
    Hazy sunshine here. I have a load of washing to go on the line shortly. John is champing at the bit today. He has done some gentle weeding along the strip at the edge of the drive where we have pea gravel.

We may walk over to the local shopping area later. There is the range, M&S food, Next, B&M. Hobbycraft etc. We migh have lunch in Subway. The shops are only a short wak from Lidl which we have been to a couple of times.

Jackie O a trip to Bath how lovely. You will enjoy it. Go and have afternoon tea in the Pump Room by the Roman baths if you want to spoil yourselves.

Well enjoy today folks.

Jane
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    -taff, I thought of that poem often when dad was dying, he wasn't suffering, he just didn't want to go. Me and younger brother (the other three didn't help) took turns sitting with dad through the night when the Marie Curie nurses weren't there. The last day I looked at dad and thought I'll stay tonight even though the nurse was going. Then he woke and asked for ice-cream and ate it (he'd not eaten anything for days) and I changed my mind. He died in the early hours with only the nurse there, I'm sure he knew just what he was doing, he wasn't one for unnecessary emotion.

Mehefin, I'm sorry Bruisemare is no better, we've been wondering.

I had an altercation in Lidl this morning. Two of my pet supermarket hates are people who let their children do as they like and children standing in trolleys. There were a couple of kids racing round chasing with one of the trolley baskets they have in Lidl. When I got to the checkout the boy was there with his grandmother, they emptied the basket but didn't put it in the pile with the others and he put his foot in it and was using it as a roller skate. I waited for the gran to stop him but she was oblivious so I said "Excuse me, it isn't very hygeinic standing in the basket", he stopped but grandma said "Well people don't eat things straight out of the basket" I was so cross I said "I wasn't blaming your grandson, boys will be boys, I was blaming you for not keeping an eye on him". All I got in return was a "Mind your own business" I should have said it was my business with a husband who's immune system is compromised but I let it go.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Overcast here but with the odd splash of sun.....we are to have rain tomorrow so will take a chance and not water the window boxes.

I am the designated cook tonight so we are having cottage pie, one of my favourite dinners.

Everybody back to work today, schools still on holidays, DGD2 is here for a few days and has gone shopping with DGDs 1 and 3 and DGS2.......more rubbish to be assimilated into the various homes!

Thinking of Holly, Poppy, Taff, Gers DM anyone else in need of one.

Enjoy the sun carefully.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon folks. The sun was quite hazy most of the morning but came good at lunchtime, which made for a pleasant wander round town after our lunch. (And yes I did have the Broccoli cheese bake, it is so good) Not much other spending done other than some slow cooker liners in Poundland and 2 boxes of hair colour in Boots (on offer if you got 2)

SPEKY sorry it didn't work out with the GFL. Another hat back in it's box here!

There's a bit of banging going on next door. Apparently there's rewiring needing doing which they hadn't been prepared for. I fear it may get noisier as the week goes on too as a builder is also due. They want a big kitchen diner as opposed to the current kitchen and dining room so walls need to come down! Eeek!

Hope all is as well as it can be for everyone xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure