Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    In the olden days there was couponing - it used to take forever to source the coupons - from leaflets, mags, newspapers, writing to companies etc and they then needed cutting out and arranging and keeping them in date order so you had one of each type ready for taking to Mr T and you had to spread yourself about, visiting different stores, finding your favourite till persons when possible so your face wasn't too known.
    That stopped overnight so then we have had to adapt.
    Now instead we chase glitches and look for yellow labels, we use cashback websites and apps, try me frees, survey websites, receipt snapping websites, we test products for companies and sometimes there are a few coupons as well ..

In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me £2.60 odd in cash. :D

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever. :D

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me £2.60 odd in cash. :D

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever. :D

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...

Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed. :rotfl:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    OH wanted to go to Sainsburys today - I treated him to Jakemans Lozenges ,Honey & Lemon Menthol - 20p cashback on GJ
    Still they are 65p in S rather than 60p elsewhere.

I got till spits but all for things much cheaper elsewhere
    140 points for Bolognese pasta melt 800g - £3.90 (£3 in Morrisons and Asda)
    50 points for watercress, spinach and rocket salad - £1.25 (£1 or cheaper in Mr T or even A)
    60p off Stork ready bake cupcakes £3 (£2 in Mr T and Morrisons)
    £2.50 off beyers ice cream £5 (£2.50 in Mr T)

just seen on 10ways that the ice cream is now £2.50 in Sainsbobs so guess where I am going tommorow :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant!

Youth:o,my mam was always using coupons, I remember when she would keep the wrapper off a tin because it had a coupon on it, 5p off beans:rotfl:
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    i forgot to reply to this.:p you have the fa cup to look forward.:p:rotfl:my nerves were shredded last night but all turned out right in the end,sorry marmite.:D:rotfl:
    tweets wrote: »
    marmite is being very :silenced: about our wins :D

We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...:D

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...:p
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    The 250g bags of kettle chips are £1.75 in S with £1.25 cb on cos/cs but only until tomorrow
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    i think he is just a lincoln fan now,:rotfl:
    tweets wrote: »
    Must be :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

City and Lincoln.....:p:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    You just prompted me to get PE app and my free pizza hadn't arrived either - but then I noticed it is explicit about what you have to complete in the profile, including two restaurants and favourite items, and needs to show 100% complete :o. I had missed this as we only normally go to one and I couldn't be bothered saying my favourites :o. It now says 100% complete so hopefully it will prompt it to generate the free Pizza now :).

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction on the PE app please as I shot by the T&Cs :o? Just wondering if Little Anons qualify?

Many thanks

Anon

Evening luvlies

I did quote TM's post about this too but it seems to have disappeared :o. Once you've completed your profile (selected your 3 restaurants, your 4 favourite mains and dietary preferences) you have to wait 6 hours. The voucher doesn't automatically go straight to your wallet, you need to relaunch the app and as you sign it there's like an offers wheel on the screen. Select the one which says your free pizza and add it to your wallet. HTH

Sorry don't know about children having app
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...:D

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...:p

just realised the second leg of the semi final could be on the same night we are going to see sarah millican:eek:.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger and worked nights in a nursing home (when not seeing to the residents) , I often spent the nights looking through magazines for coupons and cutting them out. How the other staff laughed. I was so embarassed.:o:o But it didnt stop me :T
    Was great when I found this site and like minded people :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport