Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Receipt hog.
    What is the point, it's taking forever to get anywhere......
    Do people bother with this one? I much prefer shopprise that ssm talked me into.

Yes I do receipt hog. I tend to load the bigger value recs at the start of the week and then when I get over 100 points I load the low value ones later in the week - you can have 3 receipts from each shop per day. They divide the month neatly into weeks.
    My only complaints - very slow loading the points, can take days sometimes and they don't do things in date order - hence why I do bigger receipts early in the week or you might only get 5 points for them.
    I also find it logs out on me at regular internals :mad:
    It takes me about 10 to 12 weeks to get enough points for £5 paypal - I've got 8 since October 2016 - £40 worth, OK its not fabulous riches but paypal tends to be treat money and I use the receipts anyway for shoppix,shopprize and Big DL
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 April 2018 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Receipt hog.
    What is the point, it's taking forever to get anywhere......
    Do people bother with this one? I much prefer shopprise that ssm talked me into.

£50 cashed out a couple of weeks ago.

Hog takes much longer than the others as usually only manage to accrue around 150pts per week which over a year with bonus points is approx £35, whereas Big D £50 and Shoppix £60, but Shopprize £130 so all in all about £275pa.

If you put that into reality and divide that £275 by the time taken to snap receipts it works out as pennies per hour.

But then again it's money for nothing except your time.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Yes I do receipt hog. I tend to load the bigger value recs at the start of the week and then when I get over 100 points I load the low value ones later in the week - you can have 3 receipts from each shop per day. They divide the month neatly into weeks.
    My only complaints - very slow loading the points, can take days sometimes and they don't do things in date order - hence why I do bigger receipts early in the week or you might only get 5 points for them.
    I also find it logs out on me at regular internals :mad:
    It takes me about 10 to 12 weeks to get enough points for £5 paypal - I've got 8 since October 2016 - £40 worth, OK its not fabulous riches but paypal tends to be treat money and I use the receipts anyway for shoppix,shopprize and Big DL

I feel like I've done it forever and still only on 800 points!

What's Big DL please mhoc?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £50 cashed out a couple of weeks ago.

Hog takes much longer than the others as usually only manage to accrue around 150pts per week which over a year with bonus points is approx £35, whereas Big D £50 and Shoppix £60, but Shopprize £130 so all in all about £275pa.

If you put that into reality and divide that £275 by the time taken to snap receipts it works out as pennies per hour.

But then again it's money for nothing except your time.

I just treat it as a hobby.
    I'm new to it really and only joined shopprise as it lowered it's rewards points.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    I just treat it as a hobby.
    I'm new to it really and only joined shopprise as it lowered it's rewards points.

Initially about £175pa could be earnt from Shopprise, but the last round of points changes reduced that to £130pa.
  • mhoc
    Options
    I feel like I've done it forever and still only on 800 points!

What's Big DL please mhoc?

BigDL has a spinning wheel you get one spin per day plus if you share an offer eg via twitter you get a 2nd spin. You can win entries to a monthly draw, an extra spin, bonus e points and once I won a £1 amazon voucher :D Last year though I won 2 very nice salad bowls.
    Also you can upload receipts, one per shop per day - 5 points for each receipt unless you have won a bonus and then its 25. I've only drawn down once on this
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Morning :hello:

I don't remember forks being in Turkish delight.

See they lost again last night :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Pity it was Liverpool who beat them :p:D

What's up with mse being so slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww

Couldn't get on earlier at all :(

i forgot to reply to this.:p you have the fa cup to look forward.:p:rotfl:my nerves were shredded last night but all turned out right in the end,sorry marmite.:D:rotfl:
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    BigDL has a spinning wheel you get one spin per day plus if you share an offer eg via twitter you get a 2nd spin. You can win entries to a monthly draw, an extra spin, bonus e points and once I won a £1 amazon voucher :D Last year though I won 2 very nice salad bowls.
    Also you can upload receipts, one per shop per day - 5 points for each receipt unless you have won a bonus and then its 25. I've only drawn down once on this

I've managed 3 x £1 Amazon, a solar power bank, DJ style headphones and some charging cables on the instant wins, but nothing on the prize draws............yet ;)
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sadly the M&S premier club seems not to be taking new members at the moment - if you want to torture yourself have a look at what you have missed.
    I've been a member forever. it costs £10 a month as I don't have the travel insurance bit. it more than pays for itself though

https://bank.marksandspencer.com/existing-customer-information/premium-club/

As for Sparks - you have the app on your phone and you check it on a Thursday for new offers? You can also see your account online and your offers - also worth checking that your details are complete and correct - mine hadn't got my mobile number.
    If its yes to all of the above I would message them to ask why you are not getting any birthday treats - my email came about a week before
    Thanks all my details are correct, but I didn't put a phone number in - is there any bonus to putting a number?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • mhoc
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thanks all my details are correct, but I didn't put a phone number in - is there any bonus to putting a number?

no idea but my phone number wasn't in either ...
    You might have to message them to get to the bottom of why you are being ignored on your birthday ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure