Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    My boys were chosen to take part in a photo shoot at a clip and climb centre yesterday. They didn’t get paid, but they got to climb for free, which we were all happy with. It was nice to see them being active, particularly DS1 who used to be a good little climber but now spends more time online than anything else :(. We probably won’t be doing much this weekend as the weather is pants and we are skint, so at least they’ve done something :T.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Climbing sounds good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Climbing sounds fun! The weather is awful isn't it. Doesn't really make going out fun.

Hope you're okay

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • CCW007
    CCW007 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow CCW007, can’t believe you read it all

Only this one though, I'm not crazy :wink:

Weather is trying to trick me into thinking it will be nice today but forecast is rain from 9.00 all day.

Climbing and photo shoot sounds fun.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Bumped into my Mum, Grandma and Auntie today when I’d nipped out for milk etc. Lovely to see them. Mum gave me some cash and said I have to buy some new clothes as I always look a mess. Not sure whether to be chuffed at prospect of new clothes or cry that I always look a mess :think:.

Haven’t been anywhere else today. Had a house full of kids earlier as DS2 and his pals chose my house to play in. Fed them all pizza for lunch.

Have washed the designer handbag in the washing machine. Will see how it dries. I haven’t lost anything if it doesn’t work out as it was destined for the bin anyway. This way, if it is salvageable I may get a few pounds still on eBay.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good idea to try washing the handbag, as you say you have nothing to lose.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Options
    Your mum was maybe just as not as tactful as she could have been.
    It is like my mum who loathes the fact I wear jeans 99% of the time!
    Ho hum.

But you MUST spend the money on YOU.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Your mum was maybe just as not as tactful as she could have been.
    It is like my mum who loathes the fact I wear jeans 99% of the time!
    Ho hum.

But you MUST spend the money on YOU.

My Mum was near the back of the queue when tact was being handed out!!
    She has lectured me that the money is for clothes for me and nothing else. I had to do my best Brownie promise :D.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I shall come & stand over you :rotfl::p xx

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I shall come & stand over you :rotfl::p xx

Fab! Then we can get you a graduation outfit at the same time and have a few raspberry gins afterwards to celebrate :D. Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport