IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court Letter And help with defense

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_Playing_Fields

''The Borough of Hyde was incorporated into the Metropolitan Borough of Tameside on 1 April 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972. In 1986 Tameside became a unitary authority with the abolition of the Greater Manchester County Council.''

So UKCPM appear to be operating illegally on Council owned land.

Send your findings to the DVLA and IPC and the current name of that Local Authority, and copy in your MP and send a copy to Gladstones as well - and also:

IN A SEPARATE LETTER - SEPARATE EMAIL OR SHEET HEADED WITHOUT PREJUDICE, SAVE AS TO COSTS - invite Gladstones to get their client to drop the case on the basis that UKCPM (within seven days) also refund your costs thus far (say, £50 to cover the time and research needed, plus the LR documents paid for and the distress of this harassment). Tell them their client will be sued if any more tickets are issued and it will be for at least ten times that settlement sum.

Then refer to all of this at the start of your defence (not to the £50 settlement discussion from the WP sheet/email, that's separate).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • elsmore95
    elsmore95 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply coupon-mad that is a lot of information to take in. So you are saying because 2 out of the 3 parking spaces are not owned by anyone according to the land register that this means the council must own them? (from the information on wikipedia) Should i confirm this with the council?
    Or would it be better to keep all of this evidence to myself let CPM Gladstones whoever take me to court and then while I am at court counterclaim? As you can see i believe my case is pretty unique to many others and i am going to need guidance on the defense in order to get my point across and not use generic defenses posted on here that most of the information within them does not apply to me.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If your neighbour does not own the land, she would appear to have made a very costly mistake. In your position I would engage a solicitor, i.m.o. the SCC is not a place for LIPs to argue complicated land ownership disputes.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • elsmore95
    Options
    She doesn’t own the land however she probably has a verbal agreement with the people who live at number 5 who may allow her to park a car there but the fact is she is parking more than one car but I suppose she can as I said before number 1 and 3 don’t own anything according to land register so would a verbal agreement be enough ? Especially when she is claiming it’s her land and posting CPM signs up which state you must have a permit to park there and none of her vehicles have permits which I have photo evidence of. She has also put signs up saying “private land clamping in operation” Isn’t this illegal to clamp cars on private land also ? So by her putting signs like that could that be more evidence against her. Thanks in advance again for all your opinions.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    PLease try to use paragrapshs. One chunk of text gets exhausting to read!

The person CLAIMING to own the land, does not own the oland. She has therefore caused the PPC to access your details *illegally*

Do as C-M told you: send what you have found, so far, to the DVLA, IPC AND to the current council. To the council ask them if they have authoroised someone to ticket ON THEIR LAND - I bet you will find they are NOT happy about that!
  • elsmore95
    Options
    Thanks will contact the DVLA and council. Does anyone have a contact email for IPC ?
    Will the IPC listen to me and be willing to help or are they likely to be the same as CPM and Gladstone’s etc trying to get money by taking me to court.
  • elsmore95
    Options
    Another question if I contact DVLA, IPC and the local council will this affect my court claim ? As up to know all I have done is acknowledge it
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    elsmore95 wrote: »
    Another question if I contact DVLA, IPC and the local council will this affect my court claim ? As up to know all I have done is acknowledge it

I doubt it, I cannot think of any reason at alll why gathering evidence would make things worse
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone have a contact email for IPC ?
    No because they don't let the great British Public email them. See their website for contact.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • elsmore95
    Options
    I have a question for coupon-mad.
    The wikipeadia link is about Waldorf fields what has that got to do with the parking spaces in question ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure