IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones, CCJ, old address HELP!

Options

Comments

• hayley0408
    Options
    You really weren't joking when you referred to Gladstones as a joke of a company. Still waiting for my stuff to be sent to me, so I call and ask for a time frame. I've been told 'I can't give you a timeframe but it is being dealt with'.
    An absolute joke of a company!! How do these people sleep at night?!
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Very well I would imagine after taking lots of cash off of the PPC's they represent that ultimately comes from Joe Public ...
  • hayley0408
    Options
    safarmuk wrote: »
    Very well I would imagine after taking lots of cash off of the PPC's they represent that ultimately comes from Joe Public ...
    We're all clearly in the wrong line of work! Why earn a good honest living when you can scam people and stress them out?!
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Three possible outcomes:

Pay the CCJ, you will have to pay the full amount, and it will remain on your credit record for 6 years, listed as satisfied. This could have an impact on your ability to obtain credit etc for 6 years.

Challenge it and loose in court (let's face it this is gladstones you are dealing with if you prepare this is unlikely) the ccj is removed and you pay, most likely no more, or not much more than the original pc

Challenge it and win, CCJ is removed, and you loose nothing, you may also be entitled to claim your costs, and look at the possibility of a counter claim, ie DPA.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • hayley0408
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Three possible outcomes:

Pay the CCJ, you will have to pay the full amount, and it will remain on your credit record for 6 years, listed as satisfied. This could have an impact on your ability to obtain credit etc for 6 years.

Challenge it and loose in court (let's face it this is gladstones you are dealing with if you prepare this is unlikely) the ccj is removed and you pay, most likely no more, or not much more than the original pc

Challenge it and win, CCJ is removed, and you loose nothing, you may also be entitled to claim your costs, and look at the possibility of a counter claim, ie DPA.

Ok so, best thing is to challenge it! Next question...how? Who do I need to contact to challenge this?
    Sorry this has really stressed me out and I have no paperwork to go from or refer to,
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    hayley0408 wrote: »
    I am more than happy to fight providing it won't impact on my chances of a mortgage in the near future. I'm in a pretty tricky situation as I'm about to give birth any day and have a toddler running around. The most important thing for me is to provide them with a home and some security for their future. I don't want a silly CCJ to get in the way of everything I've been building for the last couple of years.
    If paying this CCJ now means that I can get on with a mortgage application in the next few months, then I'd rather just take that cost on the chin.
    I'm worried that fighting the claim will be a long drawn out thing that will mean delaying our plans.
    Once you win a set aside, then the ccj is wiped clean off your record.

Then your plans won't be affected at all - the original claim can be started again, but this time you will defend it, and you will only get a ccj on you record if you lose in court (or ignore the claim) AND don't pay it within 30 days from the judgement.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Three possible outcomes:

Pay the CCJ, you will have to pay the full amount, and it will remain on your credit record for 6 years, listed as satisfied. This could have an impact on your ability to obtain credit etc for 6 years......
    No. This is wrong

If you pay it NOW then it will be wiped off your record as if it had never been there.

It only stays on your record as satisfied if you delay paying in full till after 30 days from the date of the judgement
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was under the impression that the CCJ had been obtained.
    Still nothing to lose by fighting it
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Quentin
    Options
    Was under the impression that the CCJ had been obtained....
    It has.

However you only get a CCJ listed against you for 6 years on the register if you ignore it or fail to pay it within 30 days

(Pay in full within 30 days and it is expunged from the register)
  • hayley0408
    Options
    Right, last time I change my mind. I am going to challenge this and fight it. Why should I loose a weeks worth of wages because of someone else's incompetence?
    I am on maternity leave now so am fortunate enough to have time on my side to go through with the proceedings.
    Do I need to call Gladstones to get it set aside, or the county court?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure