IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones, CCJ, old address HELP!

Options

Comments

• hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    +1 to getting coupon mads help

Parking companies are meant to check the address before going to court.

Currently they dont bother and they then trace your new address. Its a nasty trick.

The Government recently announced a consultation to stop this nasty practice.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-protect-consumers-from-debt-claims

You might want to contact your MP to add your story to the mix.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • hayley0408
    Options
    Just a quick update!
    So I called Gladstones this morning to request copies of all correspondence issued in my name. I was assured I would receive this by email due to the short deadline I have. After waiting 3 hours I have now emailed them requesting the same.

It turns out that the parking ticket was issued to my car thanks to my lovely partner parking in a £2.50 all day car park and only paying £2. This all happened in the cross-over of change of address so obviously got missed. Annoying that it has all come to this over 50p, as there was a clear intent to pay for a parking ticket.

Anyway, i do not wish to spend the next 6 years with a CCJ on my name and have to wait until i can be accepted for a mortgage, so my partner has transferred £250 for me to pay the fine.

Once again, thank you all for your support. If there is one lesson to learn here, it's don't let your partner drive your car!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you are determined to pay make sure they give you a receipt (send them a template one with the case number shown together with a SAE they just need to sign and return to you)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming that you have done everything you should have re DVLA, can you not pay it and then issue a MCOL for all the monies this has cost you?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    hoohoo wrote: »
    +1 to getting coupon mads help

Currently they dont bother and they then trace your new address. Its a nasty trick.

The Government recently announced a consultation to stop this nasty practice.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-protect-consumers-from-debt-claims

You might want to contact your MP to add your story to the mix.

NO they are NOT under currant legislation ,

the correct terms used are last KNOWN address ,
  • hayley0408
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Assuming that you have done everything you should have re DVLA, can you not pay it and then issue a MCOL for all the monies this has cost you?

Annoyingly I delayed telling the DVLA of my new address as it was rental and supposed to be temporary. My own silly fault really!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hayley0408 wrote: »
    Annoyingly I delayed telling the DVLA of my new address as it was rental and supposed to be temporary. My own silly fault really!

Hayley, have you seriously PAID this? Why?

You sent me a pm and I was about to reply (been ill over the weekend).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hayley0408
    Options
    No not paid it yet, still waiting for Gladstones to send over all my correspondence.
    It was a legitimate ticket and a mistake on my partners behalf so I am happy to hold my hands up to it. Just annoying that it's all over 50p!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you wait much longer then you are going to miss the opportunity of having this CCJ removed from the register.

(If you pay after the 30 day deadline, then the CCJ remains on your record for 6 years - albeit marked as "satisfied" (paid) - it still blights your credit status)

So why not accept the help you were offered last week and fight?
  • hayley0408
    Options
    I am more than happy to fight providing it won't impact on my chances of a mortgage in the near future. I'm in a pretty tricky situation as I'm about to give birth any day and have a toddler running around. The most important thing for me is to provide them with a home and some security for their future. I don't want a silly CCJ to get in the way of everything I've been building for the last couple of years.
    If paying this CCJ now means that I can get on with a mortgage application in the next few months, then I'd rather just take that cost on the chin.
    I'm worried that fighting the claim will be a long drawn out thing that will mean delaying our plans.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure