TSB Complaints Saga

Options
[FONT=&quot]Has anyone had their TSB complaints addressed yet?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have read here, they are allowed 8 weeks. I have complained twice, had an email auto acknowledgement but no other reply.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The 8 weeks will soon be up, what happens if they do not respond?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do we complain to the Banking Ombudsman?[/FONT]

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    They have to reply within 8 weeks. If not, you could cut them some slack because they are obviously having big problems and allow them a little more time. At some point though, you should take it to the ombudsman.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]Has anyone had their TSB complaints addressed yet?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have read here, they are allowed 8 weeks. I have complained twice, had an email auto acknowledgement but no other reply.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The 8 weeks will soon be up, what happens if they do not respond?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do we complain to the Banking Ombudsman?[/FONT]

I have 5 complaints outstanding, 5 email acknowledgements, one acknowledgement received in the post, no compensation, no fixes.

I didn't even get the automatic £25 compensation for the credit card direct debit !!!! up that most other people got.

I'm just waiting for the 8 week clock to run down, then I'll go to the ombudsman with each and every one. So that'll cost them £550 per case escalated.

I refuse to call them, on the basis that the last time I phoned I was on the phone for nearly two hours with no resolution or way forward provided, and AFAIK I have a duty to mitigate my losses...

There is only one thing worse than TSB IT systems - their customer "service" department:

apathydemotivator.jpeg
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    you could cut them some slack because they are obviously having big problems and allow them a little more time.

Why? I dont care about their problems, 8 weeks is enough time imo. And IF I do call to chase or to ask if it has been allocated to a case handler, I expect nothing but empathy, not to be told calling up will not make it get resolved any quicker.

It is beyond a joke now, and as soon as I get what I am out pocket, back, I will (well, already have) move banks.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]TSB withheld my complaint today.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I suffered no losses. I complained via their on-line portal, did not use any template.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]£50.00 compensation in my account this afternoon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Martin Lewis for advising to complain and thanks TSB.[/FONT]
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    What date did you complain?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]TSB withheld my complaint today.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I suffered no losses. I complained via their on-line portal, did not use any template.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]£50.00 compensation in my account this afternoon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Martin Lewis for advising to complain and thanks TSB.[/FONT]

Upheld?

If you ‘suffered no losses’ why £50 compensation?:cool:
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The stress and worry of not being able to log on and see my money for two weeks. I was almost suicidal.;)

I complained 7 weeks ago.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Do you have a date please?

I think because mine is with executive complaints its holding it up!
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Upheld?

If you ‘suffered no losses’ why £50 compensation?:cool:

Don't get me started on the free money culture again.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the 8 week clock to run down, then I'll go to the ombudsman with each and every one. So that'll cost them £550 per case escalated.

No it won't. This has been dealt with repeatedly. See this from the Financial Ombudsman:

In April 2013, we introduced a group-charging account for the largest financial services groups. Around three quarters of our workload is now paid for on this more financially stable basis - by the businesses whose customers use us most.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/businesses/answers/funding_a5.html

The result of this is that they pay a lower fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure