Cancelled black box car insurance

Options
Hi,

I am looking for some advice please if anyone is able to help. Ingenie have sent my daughter notice that they will be cancelling her insurance on 11th October due to speeding. It seems she was consistently going too fast in a 20mph zone on an evening. It’s her own fault and she knows it. She has had black box insurance for over 3 years without issue but clearly she hasn’t took any notice of the feedback which puts her in this situation. This will mean years of extremely high premiums having a cancelled policy on her record and I was wondering is it possible for her to cancel the policy before they do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    erind wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for some advice please if anyone is able to help. Ingenie have sent my daughter notice that they will be cancelling her insurance on 11th October due to speeding. It seems she was consistently going too fast in a 20mph zone on an evening. It’s her own fault and she knows it. She has had black box insurance for over 3 years without issue but clearly she hasn’t took any notice of the feedback which puts her in this situation. This will mean years of extremely high premiums having a cancelled policy on her record and I was wondering is it possible for her to cancel the policy before they do?

Thanks in advance.

It might not even make any difference.

Is she likely to change ?
  • erind
    erind Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes she was great for 3 years. It’s I. This 20 mile an hour zone that she is getting caught out since changing jobs. I was hoping if she cancelled first it would prevent her having to declare cancelled insurance.
  • Davy_Jones_II
    Options
    She should call up as soon as they open and try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure