Missed my first credit card payment, have i now messed up my credit rating?

Options
I am currently paying the min payment on my credit card, unfortunately the payment was missed. I have since set up a monthly minimum payment by direct debit, and paid the missed payment, but have i now affected my credit rating?
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have affected your credit file and your credit history.

The fictitious rating or score will probably say the same (as it!!!8217;s made up!)
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Possibly your credit history. But only for the short term. Keep an eye on your credit reports.

I'd recommend setting up a standing order or Bill payment for £1 a month in addition to the direct debit to ensure you're not shown as a minimum payer. Make sure the timing won't affect the direct debit collection.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Edi81 wrote: »
    You have affected your credit file and your credit history.

The fictitious rating or score will probably say the same (as it!!!8217;s made up!)

when you say "affected" what does that actually mean? whats the difference between a credit file and a credit history?
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Possibly your credit history. But only for the short term. Keep an eye on your credit reports.

I'd recommend setting up a standing order or Bill payment for £1 a month in addition to the direct debit to ensure you're not shown as a minimum payer. Make sure the timing won't affect the direct debit collection.

Thanks, i have paid April and may min payment on the phone with my debit card, so the DD should start in June.

possibly affected??? when you say a short term, what time we talking about?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does the card have a 0% introductory offer? If it does, you might want to check they haven't cancelled it and are now charging you interest.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    when you say "affected" what does that actually mean? whats the difference between a credit file and a credit history?

Credit files contain your credit history. They show how you have managed your accounts.

Credit scores and ratings are made up numbers to entertain the sort of people who read their horoscopes.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Does the card have a 0% introductory offer? If it does, you might want to check they haven't cancelled it and are now charging you interest.

Yes the card has a 25 month 0% introductory offer.

Surely the credit card company would need to tell me first if the 0% offer was withdrawn?? I have maxed out the card
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Surely the credit card company would need to tell me first if the 0% offer was withdrawn?? I have maxed out the card

Leave nothing to chance and ring them. Good luck!
  • trinidadone
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Leave nothing to chance and ring them. Good luck!

Calling them now
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

They will have told you in the T&Cs what would happen if you breached the T&Cs.
    Normally you'd incur interest from the beginning of the statement period in which the breach occurred, but I seem to remember one of my card providers has written to me saying the promotional rate will be removed from the start of the next statement period from now on.

As I say, you need to ask them and/or get on with BTing the debt elsewhere ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure