MissShapen Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 21 May 2018 at 1:55PM in Energy
Hi,
I'll try to keep this brief.

- I rented a house for a few months

Comments

• Hi MissShapen

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you have an online account set up with Spark? If you did, we wouldn't have posted you a paper copy of a bill, you'd see it on your online account.

If you didn't have an online account set up, did you give us a forwarding address? If not then the bill would have gone to the supply address.

I'd be happy to have a look at your account to see what's happened. If you'd like me to do that, please email the address given in my profile, and confirm your full name and the supply address.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MissShapen wrote: »
    Hi,

- I rented a house for a few months

Sorry, that was alittle bit too brief ... :cool:

Here's the not quite so brief version, as it may help others who find themselves in your situation.
    MissShapen wrote: »
    Hi,

- I rented a house for a few months, and moved out in April last year
    - The landlord set up all of the utilities
    - When I moved out I contacted the providers (including Spark Energy) gave meter readings and asked for a final bill (to be sent by email, because I didn't have a new permanent address)

- Spark didn't send a final bill, but instead I received an email from a debt collection firm about a month later, saying that I owed approx. £600 but offering to accept approx. £500
    - I paid the reduced figure to the debt collection company, who then said that doing so might affect my credit rating if Spark registered a default
    - I contacted Spark who said they didn't know why a final bill wasn't sent out, but sent me an email stating that my credit rating wasn't affect (I've looked again at the email, it doesn't mention the bill being paid, but just confirms that my rating isn't affected).
    - I have now had an email from a different debt collection company asking me to call them so that they can discuss a "matter" relating to Spark Energy, plus a couple of missed calls (no message).

I wonder if anybody could please advise what I should do now. Should I contact either the debt collection company or Spark?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I see Jenny has already offered to look into this matter further, if you contact her directly.

Hopefully, you will take up that generous offer. :)
  • JackieM
    Options
    Spark Energy are trying to charge me for a period prior to when my tenancy agreement commenced. I have explained at least 5 times by phone to different customer service operatives that they have the dates wrong, but nothing has been rectified. Obviously I have not paid so now I have a debt collection agency (Opos) calling and texting me as well as Spark, several times a day! I will happily pay for the short period Spark were supplying - 7days - but not for the 2 month+ they are claiming I owe them.

So glad I decided to take my previous supplier with me, sadly they couldn't take over soon enough! :sad:
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jackie m

Best to start your own thread on this. However have you provided them a copy of your tenancy agreement to evidence when it started.

Thats the easiest way to prove it - it writing.
  • Hi JackieM

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting this sorted out.

Can you drop me a line to the email address given in my profile, confirming your full name, your supply address, and also providing evidence like a tenancy agreement?

Happy to help if I hear from you.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TheAnswerIs7
    Options
    On the topic of this sort of thread...

I owed spark about £55, admittedly I forgot about it.

CRS contacted me today asking for about £75 regarding an unpayed bill to spark.

I was about to pay it, but then thought I'd log in to spark to check how much it was. Ended up just paying the £55 to spark through online service.

Account with spark is saying £0.00 so all good there.

Will I still have to pay CRS any money?

Will they keep chasing me?

Will the money rack up?
  • Hi TheAnswerIs7

Can you drop me an email to the address given in my profile please?

I'd need your forum name, your full name, your address and the best number to call you on.

You shouldn't keep getting chased but I want to check your account to be absolutely sure.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure